Weary
by PamFord Davis

I’m all tuckered out.

Fortunately, I’m not behind a steering wheel. Medical experts advise the public to read warning labels on all medications before operating motor vehicles or other machinery. Fatigue alone can also impair a person’s judgment.

Most of us have worked overtime, whether for pay or doing chores around the house. There are times when we simply must stay at the job until it is completed. Necessity and sheer willpower keep us focused long past the effects of caffeine wear off.

Nehemiah and his faithful crew were in the midst of a crucial construction project. The Israelites were rebuilding a protective wall around the city of Jerusalem. They did not allow weariness, delays or ‘the opposition’ stop them.

“So we labored in the work, and half of the men held the spears from daybreak until the stars appeared. At the same time I also said to the people, ‘Let each man and his servant stay at night in Jerusalem, that they may be our guard by night and a working party by day.’ So neither I, my brethren, my servants, nor the men of the guard who followed me took off our clothes, except that everyone took them off for washing (Nehemiah 4:21-23 NKJV).”

Though opposed (and likely weary), the workers were compelled to continue in the strength of the LORD.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print