Seeing Orange
by PamFord Davis

I’m seeing fall colors and I like it!

I don’t have the advantage of living in the Adirondacks; yet, I did vacation there with friend Carol one summer. Via the Facebook site, I’m seeing and sharing pictures of the changing of leaves. Many are at their peak. Only our Creator God could give us such vibrant shades of orange, red and yellow.

Seeing groups of autumn leaves from a distance, I’m reminded of patchwork quilts and comforters. ‘Orange’ you glad He offers a change of seasons?

During the 1960’s-70’s orange was a popular color in decorating and design. In 1967, on one of my first dates with husband-to-be I wore orange slacks. After we got married we lived temporarily in a furnished house before moving into an unfurnished apartment. We purchased needed furniture, both agreeing on an orange vinyl living room sofa.

In 1970, we followed the trend; we bought a brand new car, a sporty orange Ford Maverick.

Orange brings back a childhood memory. My favorite beverage was orange ‘Hi-C;’ I could not get enough of the drink. Mom scolded me. She said if I didn’t stop drinking so much ‘Hi-C’ that I’d turn into an orange. Well, while taking a nap I had a nightmare. You guessed it; I turned into an orange!

I have outgrown my fear of ‘Hi-C.’

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print