Do You See Jesus?
by Annagail Lynes

Have you ever done everything you know to do to make a situation better?  No matter what you tried it kept getting worse?  

That's what happen with woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-34).  She tried doctors, but she only grew worse.  She depleted her money, going from one doctor to another.  None could help.

What did the woman with the issue of blood do?  

She went in search of her answer.  She heard about Jesus.  She heard that He healed the sick (Matthew 4:23-25), raised the dead (Mark 5:21-43, John 11:38-44), gave sight to the blind (Matthew 9:27-31.)  

Wow!, she must have thought,  if I could just get to this Jesus.  If He is as powerful as they say, all I have to do is touch the hem of His garment, and I will be healed.

Maybe she traveled for weeks, perhaps days, to intersect with Her Creator, the Person who knew her body better than anyone on the planet.

She pushed her way through the crowd.  

Have you ever been that desperate to receive healing?  

I spent months with sciatica so bad that relief became my main goal.  I couldn't get out of bed without a struggle.  Taking a shower and getting dressed in the morning brought tears to my eyes.  Working while standing or sitting agonized me.

I became desperate like the woman with the issue of blood.

I sought doctors.  I researched minerals and exercises to ease the pain.  I tried topical ointments and medication.

At first, I thought I sought God, but I didn't.  I complained about the pain, yelled about why the pain remained and beg Him to relieve it.

When I asked God for His solution to the problem, things improved.  

Now I walk, get out of bed, shower, dress--all without tears and discomfort.  Praise the Lord

There are several things that the woman with the issue of blood did that assisted her in receiving her healing.

She Heard About Jesus

Too many times we listen to teachings that tell us the fifteen things we need to do to be healed, the five items we must do to be blessed.  Any teaching that doesn't lead you to Jesus and what He did at the Cross is leading you astray.

We must listen to teachings that lead us to how Jesus took our sins once and for all (Romans 6:10, Hebrew 10:10,) how Christ took stripes on His back for our healing (II Peter 2:24), a crown of thorns (Matthew 27:29) on His head for our peace and bore the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13) for us.

She Believed

She believed what she heard about Jesus.  Remember that faith, believing, comes from hearing (Romans 10:17).  It comes from hearing the Gospel, the good news, of Jesus preached.  It comes from hearing sermons that lead us back to Jesus and away from the dos and don'ts.  

At the Cross, Jesus gave us all of His good, and He took all of our bad.  We are in right standing with God only because of what Jesus did on the Cross (II Corinthians 5:21), because Jesus shed His blood to cleanse us of all sin.

She Saw Jesus

When snakes bit the Children of Israel in the Wilderness (Numbers 21:9), God instructed Moses to erect a bronze serpent on a pole.  Everyone who kept their eyes on the bronze serpent, lived.  Those who didn't, died.  

Jesus is our bronze serpent on the pole.  We must keep our eyes on what He did for us, seeing our sins, our sicknesses, our problems, taken in His body on the tree. When we picture what He did for us because He loved us so much, our perspective will change, and then our lives.

No matter what the obstacles, the problems, you are facing, God is on your side (Romans 8:31) and all you have to do is believe that Jesus is all that you need.  Keep your eyes on Him, and He will fight the battle for you (II Chronicles 20:15).  He will fight for you (Exodus 14:14).  All you have to do is believe (Mark 5:36.)

 

 

 



Annagail Lynes is a pharmacy technician, certified life coach and ordained minister.  She is helping people move forward after trauma by helping them discover their purpose. Follow her blog at 316counseling.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print