The Walk of Worship
by PamFord Davis

My Dad took long walks; it calmed his nerves. He enjoyed the outdoors. Walking is one of the most natural forms of exercise; the only equipment needed is a pair of comfortable shoes. We can avoid costly memberships at a gym and the locations are limitless. You might walk around the block, at a city park, in a shopping mall or in the aisles of the nearest super store.

Many choose tread mills when walking at home but they are not essential. A brisk walking in place can also be beneficial. Some pass the time while listening to their favorite music or watching TV. If listening to Christian music or viewing Gospel programming, you can strengthen your body while you renew your mind. Stroll with me to a pertinent scripture passage.

“Enoch was 65 years old when he fathered Methuselah. And after the birth of Methuselah, Enoch walked with God 300 years and fathered other sons and daughters. So Enoch’s life lasted 365 years.  Enoch walked with God; then he was not there because God took him (Genesis 5:21-24 HCSB).”

Someone gave a possible explanation for Enoch’s disappearance.

One day, as Enoch and God were walking together… they were closer to God's home than Enoch's. God just took Enoch on home with Him.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print