Student Becomes Teacher for a Day
by Greg Miller

By Greg Miller © 2017

 

Miss Daniella taught a class of teens at her local high school.

 

An enterprising young woman, Miss Daniella was always looking for ways of making the class more enjoyable for members of the class.

 

At the beginning of the school year, Miss Daniella had decided to try new ideas to get the students more involved in class activities. “I want all of us to try our best to make each class a valid and enjoyable time of learning,” she beamed. “With that in mind, I’m announcing the implementation of a program called “’Guest Teacher Day.’”

 

“What is ‘Guest Teacher Day?’ asked Dave.

 

“Beginning next month, we will have a guest teacher one day each month. ‘Guest Teacher Day’ will feature a unique learning experience that you will provide.”

 

“How will we do that?” inquired Donald.

 

“That’s easy,” Miss Daniella grinned. “My guest teacher each month will be selected from the students in this class.” I hope this experience will inspire some of you to pursue teaching careers.”

 

Daisy wanted to ask Miss Daniella a question. “Miss Daniella, what will be the job of the guest teacher?”

 

“You will be in charge of the entire class period. You will decide the amount of time we spend on each subject. You will use your wisdom and charm to keep the attention of your classmates and keep them engaged in the learning process.”

 

Miss Daniella encouraged her students to be creative in their approach to teaching. ‘I remember from my years as a student, I was always thrilled when a teacher utilized methods that provided empowerment and enthusiasm, as well as enjoyment,” she said. That creativity, in fact helped me make the decision to become a teacher.”

 

Miss Daniella gave her students an opportunity to volunteer to become the first guest teacher. “I’ll be your first guest teacher!” boomed Darla. “I feel as if the Lord may want me to become a teacher. Also, my boyfriend Duncan says I’m the smartest person in the class. My best friend Delilah says I have a magnetic personality. And there’s another reason I would like to volunteer as your first guest teacher.”

 

“What’s that reason,” Miss Daniella asked.

 

All the students in the class sighed collectively when Darla said, “Because I promise to give just as much homework as you give, Miss Daniella.”

 

Frowns were turned upside down into smiles when Miss Daniella said, “Darla, I will allow you to be my first guest teacher. But I know the other students are glad your assignment will only be lasting for one day!”

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements, including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please email [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected].



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print