THE LAW OF TITHES AND OFFERINGS
by Olawale Ogunsola

RIGTH USE OF TITHE AND OFFERING

“And this stone which I have set as a pillar Shall be God’s house, and of all that you (God) give Me I will surely give a tenth to you (God).” Genesis 28:22. New King James Version (NKJV) The above are the words (vow) of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the grandson of Abraham. Why did this man of great destiny vowed to pay tithe (a tenth) of ALL to God of his fathers. He must have learned about it from his father, Isaac or mother, Rebecca, as a sure key to open the door of blessings. After all, he heard the story of the life and wealth of his grandfather, Abraham; and he saw the prosperity of Isaac, his father. These were enough to encourage him to vow pay a tenth of all that the Lord will give him. Note also that “God’s house” appeared in his vow. The house of the Lord is a house of prayer. Whenever the Lord puts His name will enjoy His full presence. The name of the Lord is a strong tower for the righteous and so shall it be forever. Now let us examine the proper application of tithe and offering. Let us begin with what the Lord says in Malachi 3:10 “Bring all the tithes into the Storehouse, That there may be food in my house…” New King James Version, NKJV. According to this verse, the sole purpose of ALL Tithes into the storehouse is to provide FOOD in the house of the Lord. Do not forget that FOOD is the first need of every man. After this comes clothing and shelter. In the garden of Eden, God provided what the first man, Adam, could eat before He created him. No wonder then that He is called Jehovah Jireh. Therefore, ALL TITHES are to meet the needs of the following people. 1. Those who are engaged in the service of the Lord. These are the people who take care of the house and work of the Lord at all times. The caring Lord Jesus Christ says, “Provide neither gold nor silver nor copper in your money belts, nor bag for journey, nor two tunics, nor sandals, nor staffs, for a worker is worthy of his food.” Matthew 10:9-10. How will the house of the Lord look like if there are no people to take care of it? The words of Nehemiah says it all thus, “I also realized that the portions for the Levites had not been given them; for each of the Levites and the singers who did the work had gone back to his field. So I contended with the rulers, and said, “Why is the house of God forsaken? And I gathered them together and set them in their place. Then all Judah brought the tithe of grain, and the new wine and the oil to the store-house.” Nehemiah 13:10-12. NKJV. Should you be against this? ii. The household of those who do the work of the Lord must be taken care of. Should a worker be fed and his household starve (to death)? God is sufficient! If people of God are honest and faithful in tithes and offerings, there will be no want to those who engage in the service of the Lord. iii. Widows are also a set of people who are potential beneficiaries of tithes and offering. It is the Lord that takes care of every living being, the widows are included. One of the ways to care for them is from the store-house in the house of God. This became practical in the early church. The disciples engage in “daily distribution” to the widows. This became the origin of selection of the first seven Deacons. Acts 6:1-7. iv. Those who are fatherless are to be taken care of from the store-house in the house of God. To meet their needs, all those who are fatherless should be able to run into the house of God to seek solace. They can be taken care of from items in the store-house in the house of God. v. Strangers. A save haven for strangers is the house of God, a house of prayers. A place where the name of the Lord present is a strong tower. Every stranger who comes to the house of the Lord for any help must not be disappointed. He must be attended to from the store-house of the Lord. Do not forget that provisions for the store-house comes from tithes and offerings of the Lord’s people. Do you pay your tithes and offerings? Your failure to do so is a direct denial of these groups of people of the hope and blessings. Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print