THE LAW OF TITHES AND OFFERINGS
by Olawale Ogunsola

THE KINGDOM OF GOD

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness…”  Matt 6:33   New King James Version

     The instruction above was given by Jesus Christ to His people, that is disciples. To “seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness’ involve many things. All that are involved are well spelt out in the Holy Scriptures. These include “Loving laws”. That is, laws that have been given out of pure love.

     Therefore, whoever wants to do this must not fail to obey the Law of Tithes and Offerings. Let me give two reasons from the Scriptures for this.

  1. Any “kingdom addict” must seek and fulfill all righteousness as Jesus Christ did. A very good servant must resemble his Master. Therefore, if you are a follower of Christ, being like Him and doing things in His own way must be your priority.

     There is a lesson to learn from the Master in His dealings with John the Baptist in Jordan River in Mathew chapter three in verses thirteen to fifteen. John the Baptist knew His status in God’s Scheme of things; so when Jesus came to be baptized by him, he prevented Him, saying,

     “I need to be baptized by You,

   And are you coming to me?”   verse 14   New King James Version. NKJV

   Jesus Christ astonished him and everyone around with His answer, he said,

     “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us

     To fulfill all righteousness”. Verse15.

     John the Baptist then allowed Him.

     If you want to do same, pay your tithes and offerings. To heed any other contradicting counsel is to refuse to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

     Who will then deliver you from the wrath to come?

  1. Closely related to the above is to completely obey all the laws of the Kingdom of God, not a selective few of them. Partial obedience is a twin brother of total disobedience. The same judgment goes for both.

The Holy Bible discloses in James 2:10, thus,

     “For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet

     Stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.” NKJV.

     A criminal will always be tagged a criminal.

     If you stumble by failing to pay your titles and offerings, you are guilty of all other laws of righteousness, no debate!

     It is worthy of note to state here that, certain professed believers in Christ have made a religion out of paying their tithes and offerings. They have seen the beginning middle and ending of Christianity as payment of these. This has been seen by them as the only condition to enter into God’s Kingdom.

     This is not so!

     It is possible to obey this law and miss Paradise, if you neglect all other laws of righteousness. It is not the only ticket but a complete obedience of all laws of righteousness.

     Revelations have shown that Malachi 3:8-10 holds here on earth and in heaven many people have been shown that non-payers are treated like robbers after this life. In your own country, how do you handle robbers? Think on the treatment usually melted to them; do you want to experience the same thing?

     Pay your tithes and offerings; it is a factor to reckon with on your journey to the Kingdom of God. Do not let anyone preach another gospel contrary to that of the Holy Bible; nor become a teacher or preacher of such.

     Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.

 

NOTE

Every Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print