Waiting for the Harvest
by PamFord Davis

Patience… Did that attribute vanish with the dinosaurs?

Most of us have little if any patience; we want instant gratification. Forgetting that the shortest distance from point A-to-B is a straight line; I want to avoid waiting in any line! Consider the farmer; if anyone needs patience it is a man waiting for his harvest.

“Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain (James 5:7 NKJV).”

He not only waits; he waits patiently. I’m impressed.

Christ followers wait for His promised return. Are we waiting patiently? Why does He delay?

“But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:8-10 NKJV).”

Numbers still must submit to Jesus as Savior and LORD. He is not concerned about statistics; the Father is concerned about the lost. He is merciful, offering the gift of salvation to each individual person.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 NKJV).”

He waits patiently for His harvest.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print