Bible 23.WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT SALVATION
by Eugene Lopatynsky

Salvation is only through faith in Christ Jesus. Not by faith in ANYONE else. 

By Faith in Jesus Alone, Jesus PLUS Nothing.

Acts 4:12

  1. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Nobody else paid for your sins, Old Boy. Only Christ Jesus.

There is a MISGUIDED FAITH where Jesus will profit you nothing, you are fallen from grace.

(1)Salvation is only through faith in Christ Jesus. Not by faith in ANYONE ELSE. 

By Faith In Jesus Alone, Jesus Plus Nothing.

Acts 4:12

  1. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 3:16-17; 18-21

  1. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in himshould not perish, but have everlasting life.
  2. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
  3. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemnedalready, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
  4. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
  5. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
  6. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest,that they are wrought in God.

John 3:36; 14:6

  1. He that believeth on the Sonhath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
  2. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

 

(2)Salvation is a free gift of God to us.  Man can add nothing.

Ephesians 2:8-9

  1. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the giftof God:
  2. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Salvation cannot be EARNED. Salvation is a free gift of God and only for those who BELIEVE in Christ Jesus, believe who He is, why He came, what He says. He is your only greatest friend; He loves you and suffered terribly for you.  Love Him in return. Try to walk in His wonderful ways – this time not for salvation, but for love.

Romans 11:6 ; 4:2-5; 3:27-28

  1. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
  2. For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
  3. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
  4. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
  5. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
  6. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
  7. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 2:16

  1. Knowing that a man is notjustified by the works of the law, but by the faithof Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

 

(3)So None Can Glory (Man can never save himself.  Man needs a Savior)

1 Corinthians 1:29-31

  1. That no flesh should glory in his presence.
  2. But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
  3. That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

 

(4)Restated As Fall From Grace

Galatians 5:2-6     

  1. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
  2. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the wholelaw.
  3. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
  4. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
  5. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love

Believing that you need Christ Jesus PLUS someone else or something else for SALVATION might really mean insufficient FAITH in Jesus. Does it void salvation? Since faith in Jesus is the only key to heaven, insufficient faith must, most certainly, constitute exceedingly dangerous ground. Remember the five virgins waiting for the bridegroom, who had insufficient oil – insufficient faith? It is for this reason that Satan always attacks this issue first in all sects and all other religions.

Believing that you need Jesus plus Mary for salvation might be a colossal fiasco. Pray and think about it. Consult the Bible, never priests.

Equally, Jesus-plus-works violates the definition of grace: free gift, not earned, so none can glory.  Works are anything a person can DO: deeds, rituals, sacraments, masses, indulgencies, scapulars. If you have to do anything apart from trusting Christ, then salvations cannot be free.

This is not knocking real Biblical obedience or good deeds. It is knocking a trust in good deeds, the belief (faith) that good deeds may earn salvation, regardless of Christ. You may say, “It is with Christ.” The scriptures just told you, SALVATION is by faith in Christ plus nothing.

2 Corinth 11:3-4

  1. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
  2. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted …”

Some say that every cult presents to you a different Jesus and a different gospel. It is neither the Jesus nor the gospel of the Bible. And, God help us, some giant religions do the same as well, They present a very different Jesus and a fairy tale of salvation, not the Biblical salvation of prepared by Father God..

Why can’t we see Jesus? Why can’t we see God?
Because from the beginning God counts faith for righteousness. If we beheld Christ in glory now, then grace by faith would no longer apply. There would be no need for faith. Neither would salvation be free. That time (this writer’s opinion) is very soon coming.

 

(5)Is SALVATION possible without Works?              

Good works (obedience to Jesus) is absolutely required, but these works can never save. Our best works (righteousness) are only "filthy rags" before God (Isaiah 94:6). But they are evidence that a change has occurred, through a change in faith. Continued absence of works means being unsaved, absence of real faith (1 John 3:6-10). The thief crucified with Jesus was saved by faith plus nothing. But had he lived, he would have had works.

Faith alone saves, but the faith that saves is never alone. That faith always has works.

Eh? Haw’s that?

A sinner is not a sinner because he sins. Rather he sins BECAUSE he is a sinner, because a fallen nature resides there. A Christian has another nature added (the "old man" plus "the new being") which will begin to make a difference. It is, perhaps, like a change of physical state (water turning to ice or steam) which is accompanied by a change of physical properties. Only here the change is spiritual. If it hasn’t happened, salvation (by faith) hasn’t happened either.

Christianity is a person, the person of Christ, and if you have Him you will love Him and obey out of love (John 14:15; 21). It is a RELATIONSHIP.

Any CONCEIVABLE sacrifice in this life is worthwhile to find the BIBLICAL Christ Jesus and to belong to Him! If you want Him, pray now with me, "DEAREST LORD JESUS, FORGIVE ME MY SINS. I REJECT ALL NON-BIBLICAL RELIGION. COME INTO MY LIFE AND BE THE RULER OF MY LIFE. HELP ME TO LOVE YOU MORE EVERY DAY AND TO OBEY YOU WITH ALL MY STRENGTH AND TO READ YOUR BIBLE DAILY, EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE."

A new being is being born, spiritually, when you contact the Lord Jesus this way. Being “born a second time”, “Born Again”, is by Spirit and Water. When you invite the Lord, and mean it, something tremendous is BORN inside you. The WATER is the WORD of God, the Bible. It is a letter of love, written to you with great love and sent in spite terrible persecutions and sufferings of both the prophets and the early Christians.

If the Devil can no longer separate you from Jesus, he goes to Plan B, to separate you from the Bible.



To get a list of my articles write my full name (Eugene Lopatynsky) into GOOGLE, then click on faithwriters.

Or use EDGE for your search engine.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print