Safe in the Arms of Jesus
by Donna Wittlif

“Are not five sparrows sold for five pence? And not one of them is forgotten in the sight of God. Fear not; ye are of more value than many sparrows” (Luke 12: 6,7b NASB).

My husband and I were on our way to worship when a small, tan dog ran out into the street. The car in front of us hit it, and the car passed over it as it lay between the car’s wheels. We stopped, and other cars piled up behind us. To our amazement, the dog sat up and scooted on its rear toward our car.

We were on a hill. It was getting dark, and we couldn’t see the dog. Was it under our car? We were afraid to move lest we run over it. Cars were piling up behind us and whizzing past us in the other lanes. Afraid to move, afraid to get out and find the dog, we sat there.

Suddenly, the man in the truck behind us got out and walked into the center turn lane. He must have seen the little dog in the middle turn lane. He scooped up the dog in his arms and held it near his chest. “She was hit by a car,” he told us. “I’m taking her to the vet.” We’ll never forget the kind look in his eyes or the fact that he was willing to pay a large vet bill. We hope that the vet could save the little dog that was surely someone’s pet.

I thought of Jesus and what He was willing to do to save us as we were helpless. Wrapped in the security of Jesus’s loving arms, I felt like that tiny dog must have felt. Safe from the wiles of Satan and his darts and secure in the salvation of my God, I know that Jesus is taking care of me. Nothing can separate me from His love.

Hymn: “Safe in the Arms of Jesus”

Prayer: Heavenly Father, may we rest wholly in Your love and care, knowing that we are safe from all harm. May we trust You to care for us. In Jesus’s name. Amen.



Donna Wittlif is the author of Christian fiction for young adults and adults. Her new book Finding Her Heart is about a young woman who is heartbreakingly lonely. Is it because she has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome? See how God helps her find true love. www.donnarwittlif.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print