By Night
by PamFord Davis

Familiar old songs frequently remind me of friends and family. Does that happen to you? How about scriptures?

“Behold, bless ye the Lord, all ye servants of the Lord, which ‘by night’* stand in the house of the Lord.

Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord.

The Lord that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion (Psalm 134:1-3 KJV).” *Emphasis mine.

Once upon a time there was a man lost in sin…

He attended a New Year’s Eve watchnight service in church. That night was a turning point in his life. He surrendered to Christ. His life has never been the same!

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV).”

Transformed, he desired more and more of God’s word.

“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby (1 Peter 2:2 KJV).”

As he grew in Christ, he grew in his ability to share what he had learned. He led in Bible Study groups. God placed a call on his life. He was compelled to preach the Gospel.

“Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay (Jeremiah 20:9 KJV).”

He is now in retirement years but faithful to serve where God directs. Along with his wife, he is living happily ever after.

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print