Seeing Jesus
by PamFord Davis

How do we explain the recent Texas church shootings? What can we say about such horrific violence? I don’t know the answers but I do believe we need to share our feelings. I have seen a few insightful posts by Christ followers on Facebook. The LORD brought me solace through His word. I need to see Jesus.

“Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, ‘Sir, we wish to see Jesus.’

Philip came and told Andrew, and in turn Andrew and Philip told Jesus.

But Jesus answered them, saying, ‘The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

‘Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.  Father, glorify Your name.’

Then a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘I have both glorified it and will glorify it again (John 12:21-28 NKJV).”

We grieve and yet we want God to be glorified.

“Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints (Psalm 116:15 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print