Growing to Full Maturity
by PamFord Davis


It’s been said…

‘Easy come, easy go.’

Planting of seed may seem easy but where does it ‘go?’ Is it easy to make the seed grow.

“And again He began to teach by the sea. And a great multitude was gathered to Him, so that He got into a boat and sat in it on the sea; and the whole multitude was on the land facing the sea. Then He taught them many things by parables, and said to them in His teaching:

‘Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds of the air came and devoured it (Mark 4:1-4 NKJV).”

The birds ate the seed before it had the time or opportunity to grow.

“And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts (Mark 4:15 NKJV).”

Satan immediately comes to rob and steal. He takes away God’s word.

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy (John 10:10a NKJV).”

The destroyer will not get the final word. The faithful continue to sow the word and believers grow both in number and maturity.

“… till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ (Ephesians 4:13 NKJV).”

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print