Confessions of the Confused
by Terry R A Eissfeldt

Confessions of the Confused

The Wealthy

1. "I'm confused. I've made enough money that I don't need to work for the rest of my life yet I'm unfulfilled. When I buy the latest gadget the happiness is short-lived. Even when I give money for a charitable cause the euphoric feelings of philanthropy erode with time. I'm confused."

2. "I'm confused. I have so much in this world, Lord, and so many have so little. You speak much on the dangers of wealth yet You continue to bless the work of my hands. Even as I give away eighty percent of what I earn still You return every offering I make with interest. I'm confused."

The Poor

1. "I'm confused. The evil people of this world have everything and I have nothing. I deserve just as much as they. I'll make them pay. All should be equal. So I have my health? Why should I work my body to the bone for The Man? I protest the establishment. I demand equality. What do you mean my Welfare support has run out? It's the first, isn't it? I'm out of smokes! I'm confused."

2. "I'm confused. Lord, though we have nothing yet You sustain us. Even as I give the last penny we have in the offering plate on Sunday morning You lead someone to leave groceries on our step. Though I never finished High School yet You still led me to honest work. I'm beginning to feel whole again. Lord, who am I that You care for me? I'm confused."


Angels in Heaven:

1. "I'm confused. God made Israel His very own people. Throughout the ages He has been true to His Word; He has kept every promise. He sent them Messiah exactly in the way He told them through the prophets yet they didn't recognize Him. I'm confused."

2. "I'm confused. There was a man of great learning. He preached the Word with power. He experienced the Holy Spirit flowing through him in word and deed yet when temptation came he didn't turn and run; he didn't stand and fight; he gave in to the lust. He had the same power that raised Christ from the dead dwelling in him but he chose sin. I'm confused."

3. "I'm confused. Jesus was beaten and whipped. His beard was ripped off of His face by the fistful; a crown of thorns was jammed down upon His head. He carried that gruesome cross through the streets of Jerusalem and out of the city to the place of the skull. Nails tore His flesh as He was made a spectacle for all to see. Falsely accused and illegally convicted He died like a common criminal. His precious blood was spilled as a sacrifice, a sacrifice that would finally pay for the sin of Eden. He took on the very sin of mankind so that His Father had to look away yet humans still try to win the love of the Father. They still work to earn the gift of salvation. I'm confused."

Before the Judgment Throne

1. "I'm confused. I did everything for You. I mowed the church lawn; I handed out pamphlets on street corners. I never missed a meeting yet You're telling me You don't know me? You talk of being hungry and thirsty, in prison and sick, naked and poor; I gave money to charities. What more did You want? I'm confused."

2. "I'm confused. I never spoke before a crowd. I never wrote a book about Your love yet You say great is my reward. How can that be? Sure, I taught Sunday school and prayed for the sick and poor but wasn't that what I was called to do? Yes, I invited the stranger in but I didn't know it was You! I'm confused.

Terry R A Eissfeldt
copyright 210

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print