Are You Comin'?
by PamFord Davis

I have vivid memories of grandson Matthew’s early years.

He liked our company and parting confused him. When his parents got him ready to leave he’d ask us, "Comin?"

Jesus is asking us to come along.

He called twelve disciples and invited them to follow Him. It began at a meeting with Simon Peter and brother, Andrew.

“And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen. Then Jesus said to them, ‘Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men (Mark 1:16-17 NKJV).”

The Lord later told His disciples to get away from the crowds.

“And He said to them, ‘Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.’ For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat (Mark 6:31 NKJV).”

A seeker of truth questioned Jesus about eternal life. The encounter ended with a call from the Lord.

“Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, ‘One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me (Mark 10:21 NKJV).”

Have you accepted His invitation?

Are you comin?’



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print