The Five Senses of Christmas
by PamFord Davis

The five senses of Christmas…

I have two blind friends; one has been blind since his birth, the other lost her site as an adult (while serving as a foreign missionary). How sad to miss out on seeing the nativity scenes and decorations at Christmas. I do not want to take my vision for granted.

LORD, open my eyes to see the beauty around me.

Are you hearing what I hear?

Yes, I am listening to Christmas music. I take joy in ‘Merry Christmas’ and ‘Have a Blessed Christmas’ holiday greetings. I will listen attentively to Christmas sermons; Happy Birthday baby Jesus!

The scents of Christmas are present in department stores, restaurants and homes; take a whiff. You are sure to find aromas of pine or apple and cinnamon.

What touch sensations do you associate with Christmas? This brings back childhood memories of fingering faces of baby dolls under Christmas trees. There is the sensation of anticipation as I pull off stiff or satin holiday ribbon and bows.

Last but not least, I focus on the pleasure of Christmas tastes. Fill in the blanks. We each have past and present favorites. Mom’s Christmas chocolate fudge and 7 layer dessert rank at the top of past Christmas treats. A current favorite is a chocolate cobbler recipe from friend Rhona Elliot.

This Christmas, pause; give thanks. Worship the Savior.

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men (Luke 2:11-14 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print