Two forces one universe.
by Toni Rittenhouse

 

My mom says she wants to live to be a hundred. Not sure if that is for her sake or so she can torment me and my sister. She is a stubborn lady but in reality, I think she just isn’t ready to leave the world.  My sister is much the same; she wants everyday she can get. Me, I’m the odd one out! This doesn’t mean I want some crazed maniac to shoot me or some disease to drag out my death.  I want to go to bed, fall asleep and wake up in heaven once my family has mates to love them. Why do I believe I’ll go to heaven, because I know my Jesus one on one.  Not just on Sundays but all week long we communicate. Do I miss days talking with him? Sure, does he get mad? Not at all, it’s not so much the time I spend with him but the things he teaches me that I put to use that makes him smile.  If he taught me how to love others by giving and I never gave, that time he spent teaching me was a waste.

I was two when my sister came along. I simply couldn’t understand what the fuss over her was about?  She was bald, had no teeth, beady little blue eyes and all she could do was eat, poop or cry. I on the other hand was quite spectacular. I could dress myself with the latest fashions. You know, blue stripped skirt, lime green shirt and polka dotted socks.  Boy was I a looker! I had a few teeth, could use the big girl potty and had lots of brown hair. I was so talented I could even brush my own teeth! No one had to tell me I was special, I already knew it! There was one small detail I didn’t know. Everyone is special. We all have talents that appear as we mature. As my little sister matured, she became my partner in crime and my very best friend. Everyone has that moment in the spot light at birth. When you were born, the world stood still for those who were in your life at that time and they beheld a miracle! The perfect little person with their very own set of genetics just waiting to be made known.

As a child my only concern was how that orange crayon tasted. After mom left me and my sister in our room for a nap, I eased out of bed, tip toed to the crayon box. I slowly tore away the paper and popped it in my mouth. My concern was now over, it tasted awful! I could have lived with the taste but the crayon chunks stuck between my teeth. I naturally began to cry for mom. Oh was she mad! It took a long time to dig that mess out of my mouth and with each chunk mom would say nice mommy things. She’d say things like, “You’re driving me crazy, I ought to whip your butt", or "was it worth it”. Well, first of all I was three so I didn’t know you could drive anything but a car and the phrase was it worth it didn’t ring any bells either!

These truths made me into the person I am today. Good or bad, the experiences made me who I am. The curiousity, the consequences and my parental teaching molded my thoughts. 

Our beliefs coincide with our relationships, both physical and spiritual. A child who has been taught from birth that there is no God will believe this when they grow up. They aren’t concerned about life after death. To them, when they die, that’s all there is to it. However, if they get around someone who believes in God, their concern may turn to what if I’m wrong? What if there is an eternity, a heaven and a hell? Do I believe my parents and take the chance that they know everything or do I consider the possibility that they are wrong? This is my life, my cross road, can I afford to pretend that these thoughts aren’t in my head? When death comes, will I wish I’d followed my instinct and checked into this God thing? Why do I feel like I am meant to be more than just another number in the pages of statistics?   Do I have a destiny planned by God? If I really believed there was nothing but darkness and silence at death, why would I question it now? I’ve never seen God do anything but I have heard my parents say, “That person is pure evil!”

 Newton’s law:  For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The statement means that in every interaction, there is a pair of forces acting on the two interacting objects. The size of the forces on the first object equals the size of the force on the second object. The direction of the force on the first object is opposite to the direction of the force on the second object. Forces always come in pairs - equal and opposite action-reaction force pairs. Opposites such as up and down, on and off, good and bad, one cannot exist without the other. Yet these things are enemies existing in the same universe. Newton's law gives a person something to think about. If there is a spirit of evil then there has to be a spirit of grace. 



Just me.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print