PRAYER IS LIKE INCENSE TO GOD
by Lupie Riley

PRAYER IS LIKE INCENSE TO GOD
Freelance writer Lupie Riley

Thought: Prayer’s from God’s children fills the heavenly golden bowls with a sweet aroma like the burnt offerings did in the days of old (Rev. 8:4).
Several years ago I read an article by Robert Boyd Munger entitled “My heart, Christ’s home”. His first step was to invite Jesus into his life and give him a tour of every room in his hearts home. It was an illustration on how we are to welcome Jesus, serve him, please him and fellowship with him in every area of our life. We are to recognize and acknowledge the Royalty we have within us when through confession, faith and commitment we ask Jesus to make himself at home in our hearts.
What would be our response if we stood before a judge and he said we were acquitted of all wrongdoing and free to go and live out the rest of our lives without guilt? That’s exactly what Jesus does for us through his bodily sacrifice on the cross. He forgives our sins and comes into our hearts in Spirit, empowering us to live according to His Word and purpose He has for us from the beginning of our conception.
If Jesus were to physically come for a visit to your home what kind of books would he find on the shelf, food and drink in the refrigerator, programs you watch on TV and games you play. What would be the priorities He would find that you spend the most time on? Would you be treating Jesus like a Royal guest allowing him in every room of your heart (life)? Would you recognize him as the great I AM, creator, Savior and coming King? Would He be deserving of your attention and respect?
Prayer is communication with our Royal guest, making petitions on behalf of our family and friends, praising him for his hand in our daily blessings and worshiping Him for who He is. Prayer also develops our relationship with God and demonstrates our trust and dependence upon Him. Someday soon we will meet him in His glorified body in the rapture but for now He is our guest in our hearts home and should be treated with honor, praise and thanksgiving.

Prayer: Father God, thank you for this relationship I have with you. I can fellowship with you anytime day and night. How wonderful it is to know your always there giving me encouragement, strength and wisdom to make good decision for myself and my loved ones. Amen

Verse: Eph. 3:16,17 Jude 1:20-21 LB “ that out of his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you the mighty inner strengthening of his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in Him. Jude: “Dear friends by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in God’s love.”



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print