Judgement Day
by Shakera Reid-Stewart

For possibly the fifth time, I sat down to watch the movie Titanic. Who knew it could be so thought provoking? I thought to myself, is this what it’s going to be like on judgement day? A couple of scenes really drove home the importance of salvation and being focused on God.

I saw the lifeboats, limited as they were, as the secured position in heaven of true Christians who have surrendered their lives to Christ. I imagined that the people who were trying to force their way onto the lifeboats were the ones who realized that time had run out and were now desperately trying to get in. In the real life version, God’s people are protected, and are at peace. All who are saved would safely arrive in heaven to be with God.

I imagined that there would be other desperate souls that were finally realizing that they should have heard the Word and not hardened their hearts. Those were the people who were praying and trying to receive salvation. Some others accepted their fate and braced themselves for what was to come.

The ones that tried to bribe their way on the lifeboats reminded me of those individuals who believe that deeds, wealth and status can get you into heaven. Families and friends were separated; people left behind despite age, race, and economic status. Joy, celebration, and excitement for some, sadness, mourning and fear for others.

Don’t wait until it’s too late to heed the call of the Master. Don’t wait until it’s too late to share the Good News with your loved ones. The Lord our God is our lifeboat, our life preserver. He doesn’t tell us that there won’t be storms, but he promises to keep us afloat in the midst of the turmoil. If we get onboard and remain steadfast, trusting him to guide and protect us, he will take us safely home.

Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf. Proverbs 11:28

24 The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” Mark 10:24

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me— those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches? No one can redeem the life of another or give to God a ransom for them— Psalm 49: 5-7



All rights reserved
Shakera Reid was born in Kingston, Jamaica and raised in Miramar, Florida. Her passion in life is counseling and educating youth. Hobbies include reading, writing and watching movies. Her hope is to encourage others through her writing and to help them in their Christian walk.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print