An Old Fashioned Sleigh Ride
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever taken an old fashioned sleigh ride?

The tradition continues.

Even folks living in tropical climates are familiar with the Christmastime mode of transportation. Maybe a Dixie Darlin has never played in the snow or rode in a sleigh but she can daydream.

The ambiance of sleigh rides turns couples thoughts to romance. Sweethearts drift across well packed snow; blocking north winds to keep warm, they snuggle close. I must be getting old; I’d be miserable if riding very long in a sleigh. Brr… I’m too accustomed to our car heater.

I'll settle for pictures of sleighs and sleigh-bell Christmas tunes.

Elijah the prophet took the ride of a lifetime!

"So he said, You have asked a hard thing. Nevertheless, if you see me when I am taken from you, it shall be so for you; but if not, it shall not be so. Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:10-11 NKJ)."

Chariot or sleigh ride?

I know one thing; Elijah’s destination is no daydream!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print