The Enthusiasm of the Mundane
by Sheila Mills

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. - 1 Corinthians 15:58

mundane: lacking interest or excitement; dull

We all have those days. You know the ones. Those days when our “daily routines” become mind-numbing; when we long for some grand adventure to come long that will rejuvenate and inspire us. Those days when we crave something that will give us new perspective to our purpose and meaning, a boost beyond the day-to-day-to-day-to-day...

And yet, the Apostle Paul reminds us that whatever we do – yes, even the mundane–to work enthusiastically for the Lord. That doesn’t mean we have to go around singing that wonderful Walt Disney song “Whistle While You Work,” (although a good praise and worship song or hymn never hurts).

When you find yourself teetering on the tedious, ask God to give you a new perspective on the “mundane” in your life and help you get your enthusiasm back. You just might be pleasantly surprised…



Sheila Mills (c) 2016. Sheila is an author, musician and speaker who lives in Kentucky. She is the author of "Beauty in the Brokenness" Bible study, based on the woman at the well's encounter with Jesus in John, chapter 4. Several of her song lyrics have been published in poetry books.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print