Window Shopping
by PamFord Davis

How many of you remember the days of Christmas window shopping on Main Street? Scores of people filled sidewalks in downtown shopping districts in the 1940’s, 50’s and 60’s. The size of the villages, towns or cites mattered little.

Locals came out in large numbers; while many had little cash to spend, that did not deter them. If entering a store to select a gift, it truly was as they say, ‘the thought that counts.’ Credit card shopping had not become the norm yet.

Sidewalk window shopping cost the people nothing; they invested only their time.

Time… how willing am I to invest my time? Will I take the time to meditate on the true meaning of Christmas?

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this (Isaiah 9:6-7 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print