Ideal Gifts
by PamFord Davis

I worked during one Christmas season at JC Penney (Dewitt, NY).

Clerking on the 2nd floor (in Lady’s Ready-to-Wear), I wasn’t as busy as those who worked on the main floor downstairs. Yet, I did have my share of Christmas customers. One woman holds a special place in my memories. She was the wife of my pastor.

Mrs. Richard Bond purchased a bathrobe; I recall how I carefully folded and boxed the robe for her. Robes make ideal Christmas gifts and are greatly appreciated; especially in frigid Central NY winters. That winter, temperatures dropped to wind chills of 32 below zero. Has the LORD ‘robed you’ in his righteousness?

“I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels (Isaiah 61:10 KJV).”

Speaking of a bridegroom… mine met me at the altar (of Central Baptist Church, Syracuse) 5 days after that Christmas. We exchanged marriage vows on December 30, 1967 before family and friends. Doing the math, you’ll discover that we will celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary this year.

We continue to make lasting memories…



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print