Hanging on the Tree
by PamFord Davis

Many cherish their heirloom Christmas tree ornaments; particularly because of their sentimental value.

A couple begins their own Christmas traditions.

Teary-eyed, a wife hangs a tarnished ornament from the first Christmas after she wed upon a tree. Her heart flutters as she lifts another from an ornaments box. It’s the one she purchased for their baby daughter’s first Christmas. Can we set a financial value to such keepsakes?

How much would you be willing to pay for a Christmas tree ornament?

We find inexpensive ornaments at dollar stores and a wide selection and price range at gift sshops. If there is a Hallmark Store or Cracker Barrel Restaurant nearby, browse their aisles.

I have never stepped inside Tiffany's but I'm quite sure they feature exquisite holiday ornaments. If money flows freely, you might top a tree with 24 carat gold.

Few will celebrate this Christmas with ornaments of gold; yet, we are blessed beyond measure through the Christ Child of the manger.

“And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn (Luke 2:7 KJV).”

From babe of Bethlehem, to King of the Jews at Golgotha... There, they hung Jesus on a tree.

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree (Galatians 3:13 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print