Not Make Believe
by PamFord Davis

Newborns… They bring out the maternal instincts in me.

It may have begun with baby dolls under our Christmas tree. They were soft, smooth and each had that ‘new doll smell.’ My nursery expanded each Christmas; I received a new doll and accessories. My dolls came in baby strollers, cribs or high chairs. I played mommy for years; dressing, feeding and rocking my dolls.

Make believe prepared me for real live babies.

I was babysitting by the time I reached 11 years of age.  Infants were dependent; they needed me and I was enthralled with each smile, coo and laugh. Can anything compare to holding a newborn baby in your arms or on your lap? Ever give much thought on how to keep a baby warm?

I recommend receiving blankets, lots of receiving blankets!

They are lightweight; easily stored under changing tables and inside diaper-bags. I have wrapped many newborns snugly inside receiving blankets; keeping their arms and legs warm and secure.

Have you ‘received’ the babe of Bethlehem? His name is JESUS.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12 KJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print