FRESH NEW START
by Lupie Riley

                                                      FRESH NEW START
Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: We have before us 365 fresh, unused days in the New Year. As we look back at the old what lesson's have we learned that will make a difference in the new? What can we change about ourselves that will make 2018 more productive and pleasant for ourselves and those around us?


I normally don't make New Year's resolutions because I find them broken within three days. For the New Year I'm determined to make changes in my daily routine. Beginning with putting God first in my decisions and activities, my focus will be on pleasing Him. Second, by excercising kindness towards all that cross life's path I will be uplifting those around me. Third, I will affirm my love to my spouse, family and friends. Not one of us comes into this world with a warranty for a long life. I will make each day count by living 'one day at a time' and make the best out of whatever situation I'm in 'counting my blessings naming them one by one'. My new motto will be "a smile a day keeps the blues away".


Harboring bitterness, anger, envy or unforgivness robs us of any peace we might have. We need to confess these things to the Lord and allow Him to clean 'house' so we can start the New Year full of hope and peace within. Wishing you all the happiest of days ahead in 2018.
Prayer: Father God, thank you for helping me to rid myself of the old (sins) and start the New Year fresh and clean. We will walk through the next 365 days together and I know there will be times where only one set of footprints will be in the sand. Amen


Verse: Heb. 4:13,16 "He knows about everyone, everywere. Everything about us is bare and wide open to the all seeing eyes of our living God; nothing can be hidden from Him to whom we must explain all that we have done. 16. So let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there to receive his mercy and to find grace to help us in our times of need."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print