Dressed for Heaven
by Carla Eckhorst

You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy  (Psalm 30:11)

Consider being clothed with joy. Wearing joy inside the house and when you are going out. Joy being the appropriate clothing regardless of where you are going, you will always look good and suitably dressed. Joy will be the right attire for any occasion, you will definitely leave a positive impression, possibly even inspire someone to look for a similar garment. Joy will suit you well, underlining your beautiful features, there will be no need to worry that it will look wrong on your sort of figure, or for your age. You won’t be judged, people will forget all about judging or criticising as they will be so pleased to see you.

 

Neither will joy be in any way uncomfortable or ill-fitting. You won’t feel too hot in it, the sun will not burn you, nor will it ever fail to protect against cold, wind or rain. You will be perfectly sheltered and covered from head to toe, no matter where you go.  It will never look worn or faded or unfashionable, but always be perfect. Knowing that you look your best you will feel confident, the smile on your face everywhere you go complimenting the joy you know and carry so well.

 

You are not wearing this garment to hide any aspect of you. On the contrary, wearing nothing but joy, you see your own beauty and perfection, which is showcased rather than veiled. You are at peace with all of yourself, feeling gratitude for how you are made. You are not dressed in joy to hide your nakedness, your shame or guilt or fear. There is nothing to hide. You have never felt so transparent and open and yet so dignified, innocent and safe. You feel infinitely wealthy wearing this joy, knowing where it came from, how heavenly, untouchable and superior it is. And yet being so preciously attired doesn’t make you in any way intimidating or haughty. On the contrary, people are drawn to you, just as you are drawn to invite them to partake of your joy.

 

The most important thing is that to wear joy, you must be more than a body. Joy is one of the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22). When you wear nothing but this joy, you are therefore truly you, a spirit being, unlimited by any bodily concerns, way bigger than the tiny mortal frame of your body. If God has taken away your clothes of mourning - your consciousness of and belief in sin and death - and has given you His divine joy instead, it means that He considers you more than a mere mortal in a frail body. It must mean that He sees you as a spirit being, worthy and capable to wear the sort of clothing worn in Heaven.

 

 

 



Originally from Germany, I have been living in Ireland since 1985. I am a mother of three and grandmother of five, work as a tour guide and enjoy my life in Kilkenny. I am a member of a local writers group and have had an article printed in Vox Magazine and read on KCLRfm radio.
Carla Eckhorst

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print