On The Road, TO Emmaus, A TRUE Story
by Stan Arney

Jesus Christ’s RESURRECTION

 

Luke 24:1-7, 9, 12

 

NOW, ON The First DAY Of The Week, Very Early, IN The Morning, They, And Certain OTHER WOMEN, With Them, CAME TO THE TOMB, Bringing The Spices. Which They Had Prepared. BUT, They Found THE STONE, Rolled Away, FROM THE TOMB! THEN, They Went IN, And Did NOT Find, THE BODY OF THE LORD, JESUS!

 

AND IT HAPPENED, As They Were Greatly Perplexed, About THIS; That Behold, TWO MEN (GOD Almighty’s Holy Angels) STOOD, By Them, IN SHINING GARMENTS!

 

THEN, As They Were Afraid, And Bowed, THEIR Faces, TO The Earth, THEY (The Two Angels) Said, TO Them, “Why Do YOU Seek, THE LIVING, Among The Dead? HE (Jesus) IS NOT HERE, BUT IS RISEN! Remember, How HE Spoke, TO YOU, When HE Was Still, IN Galilee, Saying, ‘The Son Of Man, MUST Be Delivered, INTO The Hands Of Sinful Men, AND BE CRUCIFIED (Jesus’ Crucifixion), AND THE THIRD DAY, RISE AGAIN (Jesus’ Resurrection)!’”

 

THEN, They Returned, FROM THE TOMB, AND Told, All THESE THINGS, TO THE ELEVEN, AND TO All The Rest (i.e. Jesus’ Disciples AND Followers)! BUT, Peter Arose And Ran, TO THE TOMB; And Stooping Down, He Saw THE LINEN CLOTHS, Lying By Themselves; And He Departed, Marveling, TO Himself, At What Had Happened!

 

On The Road, To Emmaus

 

Luke 24:13-35

 

Now Behold, Two Of Them (Jesus’ Disciples) Were Traveling, THAT SAME DAY, TO A Village Called, Emmaus, Which Was Seven (7) Miles, From Jerusalem.

 

And They Talked Together, Of All THESE THINGS, Which Had Happened. SO IT WAS, While They Conversed And Reasoned, That JESUS, HIMSELF, Drew Near, And Went, With Them. BUT, Their Eyes, Were Restrained, So That, They Did NOT Know HIM (i.e. That HE, Was Jesus)!

 

And HE Said, TO Them, “What Kind Of Conversation, IS THIS, That YOU Have, With One Another, As YOU Walk, And Are Sad?” THEN, The One, Whose Name Was, Cleopas, Answered, And Said, TO HIM, “Are YOU The Only Stranger, IN Jerusalem, And Have YOU, NOT Known, THE THINGS, Which Happened THERE, IN THESE DAYS?” And HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “What Things?”

 

So, They Said, TO HIM, “The Things, Concerning Jesus Of Nazareth, WHO WAS A PROPHET, MIGHTY, IN DEED AND WORD, BEFORE GOD (GOD Almighty), AND All The People; And How, The Chief Priests AND Our Rulers, Delivered HIM, TO BE Condemned, TO Death, AND Crucified HIM! BUT, We Were Hoping, THAT IT WAS HE, WHO Was Going TO Redeem, Israel! Indeed, Besides, All THIS, TODAY, IS THE THIRD DAY, Since THESE THINGS Happened! Yes, And Certain Women, Of Our Company, Who Arrived, AT THE TOMB, Early, Astonished Us! WHEN, They Did NOT Find HIS (Jesus’) BODY (IN The Tomb), They Came Saying, That They Had Also, SEEN A VISION OF ANGELS, Who Said, HE WAS ALIVE! And Certain Of Those (Jesus’ Disciples), WHO WERE With Us, WENT TO THE TOMB, And Found IT, Just As, The Women, Had Said; BUT HIM (Jesus), They Did NOT See!”

 

THEN, HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “O Foolish Ones, AND Slow Of Heart, TO BELIEVE, IN All, That The Prophets Have Spoken! Ought NOT, THE CHRIST, TO Have Suffered THESE THINGS, AND TO ENTER, INTO HIS GLORY?”

 

And Beginning At Moses, AND All The Prophets (i.e. The Old Testament Of The Holy Bible), HE (Jesus) Expounded (Elaborated), TO Them, IN ALL THE SCRIPTURES (The Holy Bible, AND Specifically, The Gospel Of Jesus Christ), THE THINGS, Concerning Himself!

 

THEN, They Drew Near, TO The Village (Emmaus), Where They Were Going, And HE (Jesus) Indicated, That HE Would Have Gone Farther. BUT, They Constrained HIM, Saying, “Abide With Us, FOR IT IS Toward Evening, And The Day, IS Far Spent!” AND HE (Jesus) WENT IN, TO STAY, WITH Them!

 

NOW, IT CAME TO PASS, AS HE (Jesus) SAT, At The Table, WITH Them, That HE (Jesus) Took Bread, BLESSED, And Broke IT, And Gave IT, TO Them. THEN, Their Eyes, Were (Spiritually) Opened, And They KNEW HIM; AND HE (Jesus) VANISHED, From Their Sight!

 

And They Said, TO One Another, “DID NOT OUR HEART, BURN, WITHIN Us, WHILE HE (Jesus) TALKED, WITH Us, ON The Road; AND WHILE HE OPENED THE SCRIPTURES (The Holy Bible, AND Specifically, The Gospel Of Jesus Christ), TO Us?”

 

So, They Rose Up, THAT VERY HOUR, And Returned, TO Jerusalem; And Found THE ELEVEN (Jesus’ Disciples), AND Those (Jesus’ Followers), WHO WERE, WITH Them, Gathered Together, Saying, “THE LORD (Jesus Christ) IS RISEN, Indeed, And Has APPEARED, TO Simon (i.e. Peter)!” And They Told About, THE THINGS, THAT HAD HAPPENED, ON The Road (TO Emmaus); And How HE (Jesus), Was KNOWN, TO Them, IN THE BREAKING OF BREAD!

 

Jesus Christ APPEARS (ALIVE), TO His Disciples

 

Luke 24:36-43

 

NOW, As They Said, THESE THINGS, JESUS, HIMSELF, STOOD, IN The Midst Of Them, And Said, TO Them, “PEACE TO YOU!BUT, They Were Terrified, AND Frightened, And Supposed, They Had Seen A Spirit! And HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “Why Are YOU Troubled? And Why Do Doubts, Arise, IN Your Hearts? BEHOLD, MY HANDS AND MY FEET, THAT IT IS, I, MYSELF! HANDLE ME, AND SEE; For A Spirit, Does NOT Have, Flesh And Bones, AS YOU SEE, I HAVE!

 

WHEN, HE (Jesus) Had Said THIS, HE SHOWED Them, HIS HANDS AND HIS FEET! BUT, While They Still Did NOT Believe, For Joy, And Marveled; HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “Have YOU Any Food Here?” So, They Gave HIM, A Piece Of A Broiled Fish, And Some Honeycomb! AND HE TOOK IT, AND ATE, IN Their Presence!

 

Jesus Christ OPENS The Scriptures

 

Luke 24:44-47

 

THEN, HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “THESE, ARE THE WORDS, WHICH I SPOKE, TO YOU, WHILE I WAS STILL, WITH YOU; That All Things, MUST BE FULFILLED, Which Were Written, IN The Law Of Moses, And THE Prophets, And THE Psalms, Concerning ME!AND HE (Jesus) OPENED Their Understanding (Their Spiritual Understanding), That They Might Comprehend, THE SCRIPTURES (The Holy Bible, AND Specifically, The Gospel Of Jesus Christ)!

 

THEN, HE (Jesus) Said, TO Them, “THUS, IT IS WRITTEN, And Thus, IT Was Necessary, For THE CHRIST, TO Suffer (Jesus’ Crucifixion), AND TO RISE (ALIVE), From The Dead, THE THIRD DAY (Jesus’ Resurrection), AND That Repentance (GOD Almighty’s Amazing Saving GRACE), AND Remission (Cleansing) Of Sins (GOD Almighty’s FREE GIFT OF SALVATION), Should Be Preached, IN HIS NAME (Jesus Christ), TO All Nations (TO Both, Jewish People AND Non-Jewish People), Beginning At Jerusalem!”

 

Jesus Christ, IS ALIVE, Confirmed, By Over Five Hundred (500) Witnesses

 

1 Corinthians 15:3b-6a

 

THAT CHRIST DIED, For Our Sins (Jesus’ Crucifixion), ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES (The Holy Bible, AND Specifically, The Gospel Of Jesus Christ); AND That HE Was Buried (IN A Sealed Tomb); AND That HE ROSE (ALIVE), AGAIN, THE THIRD DAY (Jesus’ Resurrection), ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES; AND That HE WAS SEEN (ALIVE), By Cephas (i.e. Peter), THEN, By THE TWELVE (Jesus’ Disciples)! AFTER THAT, HE (Jesus) WAS SEEN (ALIVE), By OVER Five Hundred (500) Brethren (Fellow Believers), At Once!

 

Jesus Christ’s ASCENSION, ALIVE, INTO Heaven

 

Acts 1:1-3, 9-11

 

The Former Account, I (Luke) Made, O Theophilus, Of ALL, That JESUS, BEGAN, Both, TO DO, AND TEACH, UNTIL THE DAY, IN Which, HE (Jesus) WAS TAKEN UP (Jesus’ Ascension); AFTER, HE (Jesus), THROUGH The Holy Spirit, Had Given Commandments, TO The Apostles (Jesus’ Disciples), Whom HE Had CHOSEN; TO Whom, HE (Jesus) Also, PRESENTED HIMSELF, ALIVE, AFTER, HIS SUFFERING (Jesus’ Crucifixion), BY MANY INFALLIBLE PROOFS; BEING SEEN, By Them (Jesus’ Disciples AND Followers), DURING Forty (40) Days; AND SPEAKING OF THE THINGS (The Spiritual Things), PERTAINING, TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD (GOD Almighty)!

 

NOW, WHEN HE (Jesus) Had Spoken, THESE THINGS, WHILE They (Jesus’ Disciples AND Followers) WATCHED; HE (Jesus) WAS TAKEN UP, AND A CLOUD, RECEIVED HIM, Out Of Their Sight (Jesus’ Ascension)!

 

AND While They (Jesus’ Disciples AND Followers) LOOKED, Steadfastly, Toward Heaven, AS HE (Jesus) WENT UP; BEHOLD, TWO MEN (GOD Almighty’s Holy Angels) STOOD, By Them, IN WHITE APPAREL, Who Also Said, “Men Of Galilee, Why Do YOU Stand, Gazing Up, INTO Heaven? THIS SAME JESUS, WHO WAS TAKEN UP, FROM YOU, INTO HEAVEN; WILL SO COME (AT The Being Caught Up Together), IN LIKE MANNER, AS YOU SAW HIM, GO INTO HEAVEN!

What More, Could I Possibly Add; THIS SAYS IT ALL! AMEN!



My name is Stan, I'm a Layperson, Who Gives GOD Almighty, All The Glory, I have been Blessed THROUGH The Holy Spirit, to write over 1,000 Mini-Sermons, Bible Studies, Poetry, and a few lyrics, as well as, creating videos, of myself, reading my writings.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print