Easily Chilled
by PamFord Davis

I’m very cold natured. Because of this, I keep a sweater or light jacket on the back of my chair (here at the computer). In warm weather months, I’m easily chilled by the air conditioner; a sweater solves the problem.

When fall and winter roll around, I roll down my sleeves and slip on a sweater. A recent chill brought back memories of the mom of one of my best friends.

Mrs. Ennis was economical and discerning. Carol and I, thinking only of our comforts wanted to turn up the furnace thermostat when we felt cold. Mrs. Ennis stood firm; she said to put on a sweater. We complained; she prevailed. Now, my husband and I are retired; we live on social security and I try to conserve energy. Yet, I can stay warm.

“She is not afraid for her household when it snows,
for all in her household are doubly clothed (Proverbs 31:21 HCSB).”

When chilled, I put on more clothes.

When obedient, I put on Christ. That’s worship.

“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires (Romans 13:14 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print