Lighthouse
by Susan Hanson

 

As I had my quiet time for prayer this morning, I asked God to remind me of His presence throughout the day. I have a tendency to forget that, especially when things are stressful or chaotic like they have been for a long time lately.

 

And He did exactly that – in a way I had not experienced before. I was getting “stressed out” and all of my good intentions of keeping my focus on God and His will began to quickly disappear. I went into my bedroom and noticed a small Thomas Kincade sculpture of a lighthouse, “A Light in the Storm”, sitting front and center on the vanity, quite a distance from where I had placed it a few months earlier. My first thought was that I was losing my mind – either it had moved or I had moved it and totally forgot that I had done so.

 

Then He reminded me that He was doing exactly as I had asked earlier – reminding me of His presence – our “lighthouse”. How did it get moved? I think He used my cat. She came to try and get me to play with her (sorry, not at 1:00 AM!) and I heard her moving something on the vanity. I went back to sleep and thought no more about it…until the lighthouse sculpture was out of its place and moved to the front.



I was raised in church but always felt like I was missing something. Now the Word of God excites me! My curiosity enhances the pursuance of discernment. I have often felt discouraged, but not totally defeated knowing that in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print