FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE
by Darlene Casino

Sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by sadness! To live in this world is to be exposed to crisis, suffering and pain. It is only when I turn to scripture and seek the face of Jesus that perspective and encouragement are given to me.

Now, there are many things to make me happy. But happiness is transitory and dependent on people, circumstances and situations being to my liking. It is not always reality in my life.

Scripture says we can have joy even in the hard things of life. In this world joy is often equated with the sensation of 'thrill' or 'fun'. One saves up for a period of time then splurges for a moment of 'exhilaration'. This is not the biblical perspective.

From the life of Paul and the book of Philippians we learn that joy can be experienced when we least expect it: when someone tries to steal our limelight; when we are persecuted or imprisoned or facing death.

Who needs joy? We do. It is our strength. The Holy Spirit produces it in our life. And it promotes fertile ground for a fresh vision from God.

Our friends and neighbors need it. Our families and even our enemies need it. Joy is an emotion that is meant to be shared with others. Their interests are to concern us as much as our own. Thus Body Life is a source of our joy.

In Philippians chapter four, we find some practical ways of maintaining our joy such as; praying, thanksgiving, a healthy thought life, scripture application and empowered contentment.

I believe a major hindrance to experiencing this joy, gaining a vision and growing in Body life is our perception of ourselves; poor self-image. We either don't know or don't believe what the bible teaches: that 'God Don't Make No Junk'; that we are 'Accepted In The Beloved' or that we are 'More Than Conquerors' in Christ. Thus our wrong perspective allows depression, anxiety, worry and the like to get in our way or rob us of it.

Joy is knowing: Phil.1:6 He who began a new work in usPhil.2:13 God working in you to will and to actPhil.4:13 I can do all thingsPhil.4:19 God meets all our needs
Joy is Jesus, Others and You

I am a freelance writer and a retired nurse. I have 3 grown sons, 2 daughters-in-love and 5 grandchildren. My husband and I will celebrate our 48th anniversary in '08'.  I became serious about writing after my retirement. My work has only been published on-line thus far.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print