Renewing Our Minds
by Susan Hanson

I always enjoy learning of cases where modern science proves the Word of YHWH true and/or validates Master YHWH’s principles with physical evidence.

 

I recently happened upon just such information pertaining to some very well-known scriptures.

Romans 12:2 (NAS)

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

And…

Philippians 4:8-9 (CJB)

8 In conclusion, brothers, focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable or admirable, on some virtue or on something praiseworthy. 

9 Keep doing what you have learned and received from me, what you have heard and seen me doing; then the God who gives shalom will be with you.

 

The science of it is explained in an article titled, “How Your Mind Shapes Your Brain” (1), ….a fairly long, in-depth article summarized in this excerpt.

“Every second of your life, every single thing of which you are aware – sounds, sights, thoughts, feelings – and even that of which you’re not aware – unconscious mental and physical processes – can be directly mapped to what’s happening in your brain. Over time, patterns emerge and actually shape your brain’s form and function. What you do, experience, think, hope, and imagine physically changes your brain through what’s called experience-dependent neuroplasticity.

Every minute of every day, you are literally shaping your brain.

In the article, What Stress Does to Your Brain, Jo Marchant, PHd in genetics and medical microbiology and author of Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body, explains:

Your brain reflects the way that you think throughout your life. You kind of shape it by your thoughts and your behaviors. If you play violin for eight hours a day, then the parts of the brain responsible for helping you to play the violin will get larger. If you’re thinking stressful thoughts for the whole day then those parts of the brain are going to get larger and other parts of the brain will deteriorate.”

 

Physically, the brain can be “rewired” to show amazing degrees of recovery from strokes, brain trauma, and addictions.

 

It should not be surprising at all that our Creator was the architect of the whole process, even telling us centuries ago how it works in His Word.

 

YHWH doesn’t tell us to do something without giving us instructions and tools.

The tool He gave us is His Word and the instructions are also there. He has given us an assignment to renew our minds. And as a child in school cannot, neither can we, say to someone else, “Do my homework for me.” Homework is a simple parallel to what YHWH tells us in His Word where we are told by Yeshua that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth – NOT do everything for us. We are responsible for accomplishing the assignment – it is our mind.

“Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105 (NAS) YHWH has given us this amazing tool for renewing our minds – would it not be a crying shame to disregard it?

 

The next logical question I believe would be, “what does it mean to renew my mind?” We need to learn to think as Master YHWH thinks, getting rid of our negative, critical sinful thought processes, selfish, self-centered thoughts, anything that is displeasing to YHWH. In other words, all unrighteousness. That includes guarding our mind and not filling it with garbage. Evaluate what we watch on TV, what we read, and the music we listen to and see if it passes the test.

 

But now the question is “How?” That’s where Philippians 4:8-9 comes in. Constantly look for God's standard, not my standard. For example, think about whatever is true. We need to discern God's standard of truth, not our own perception of truth.

 

Renewing your mind is a process, not a one time achievement.

 

Note that it is not enough to think pure thoughts...or kind thought, etc. Philippians 4:9 instructs us to put these thoughts into action.



(1) https://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/how-your-mind-shapes-your-brain/

 

 

 

 

 

 



I was raised in church but always felt like I was missing something. Now the Word of God excites me! My curiosity enhances the pursuance of discernment. I have often felt discouraged, but not totally defeated knowing that in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print