FATHERS FORGET
by Olawale Ogunsola

On December 27, 2017, a conversation ensued between two elderly men; one was about seventy-two while the other was about fifty seven. The conversation was brief, meaningful and conclusive, positively.

     What was the subject of discussion?

     The older man lamented on the level of immorality exhibited by two of his sons. He wondered whether or not it is a part of the end-time signs predicted in the Holy Scriptures.

     The younger of the two reasoned differently. What was his view?

     He said that every man inherited certain bad manners from his parents such bad habits reign supreme in the blood of “each of us”. That is the work of flesh. Romans 3:23 discloses,

     “for all have sinned and fall short of

     The glory of God.”   New King James Version.

     A funny aspect of life is that after the salvation of our souls, we all forget our dirty pasts, thinking that we were saints since the beginning of our lives. Some saints have the grace to know the Lord early in their lives and they have been walking with Him in holiness with a perfect heart. This is not so with majority of God’s saints.

      Those who were reconciled with the Lord, their God, early in life are better materials with which God can ‘fashion’ out saintly children who will satisfy the Lord in their walks and works. The words contained in Exodus 2:1-2

     “And a man of the house of Levi (an example of a believer) went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.

     So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months” New King James Version.

     This product from a family of true believers in God of Abraham was Moses the ruler of God’s people, Israel, for forty years. Aaron, a Priest and Miriam, a Prophetess were also good ‘products’ of that family.

     On the other hand, many fathers have lived wayward lives in various forms, drunkenness, sexual immorality, stealing, killing and so on. During the years of such wicked and sinful living, children were born to them. What do you expect from such unrefined tool of procreation? Simple! Like materials like products. Like father like son. A sinful and wicked child.

     However, the painful aspect of the matter is that after their conversion, they condemn the negative deeds of their children instead of going on their knees to plead to God on the children’s behalf that the Lord should refine them early in life and reconcile them to Himself.

     Another sad aspect is that many fathers claim they never do any wrong. Instead of this, I think that they should inform the children of the evil that can proceed from their actions that contradict the law of their Maker. “Experience,” they say, “is the best teacher” they should be able to teach the children what they should do now to be in alliance with their Lord.

     Fathers know what they went through and how God graciously saved them. They should warn the children to flee unnecessary dangers.

     Fathers forget because they can forget.

     Therefore, “Remember therefore from where you have fallen,

           Repent.      Revelation 2:5. New King James Version

     As a father, know your weakness exhibited by your children. If you have overcome them, pray to God who helped you to help your children. He will surely do. Rebuke the evil spirit controlling such work of the flesh and it will flee the lives of your children.

     Fathers forget their past misdeeds but remember yours and work on it in the lives of God’s heritage committed into your care.

     Do you know what? The words of the younger man opened the eyes and heart of the older one. Why? The latter said, “You are right, I was grossly involved in sexual misdeeds when I was young. I have all the tactics to date a woman and make a friend out of her husband. Many times people find it difficult to believe that I was involved in sinful acts with such women. But today, I thank Jesus Christ who set me free from every ungodly act. I’ll pray for my children.”

 Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print