YOUNG AND OLD
by Olawale Ogunsola

     “Now before they lay down, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter surrounded the house.” Gen 19:4.

     Good, bad or ugly, every act can be undertaken individually or in group. This can be a group of old people or young ones. It can also be a combination of old and young people. Every act has its rewards, good, bad, or ugly. The Lord declares in Revelation 22:12’

     “And behold, I am coming quickly and my reward is with Me,

     To give to every one according to his work.” New King James Version. This reward from the Lord will be given to everyone old or young.

     In the light of the above, do you ask yourself “What will be my reward for my deeds or misdeeds?”

     Think on the above.

     In respect of the old and young above, what was their evil plan? Their request was “And they called to Lot and said to him,

     “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally!”   Gen 19:5. NKJV

     These old and young men wanted to commit an abomination against Lot’s male visitors, who happened to be the Angels of God sent to destroy the land.

     Every plea of Lot landed on their deaf ears because they did not heed him.

     What followed?

     The two men (visiting angels) struck the men of Sodom who wanted to commit incest with them with blindness. Was there any exception? No. Those struck were old and young men. No consideration of age to discover who was to be struck with blindness.

     Murder is murder irrespective of age. Every crime among men has a penalty from the government. No criminal goes unpunished.

     No wonder then that Apostle John, the beloved saw in a revelation and declares, “And I saw the dead, small and great, standing

                     Before God.... And the dead were judge according

                     To their works by the things which were written in

                     The books.”   Revelation 20:12. NKJV.

     Do you know that the small and the great also incorporate young and old ones? These are the dead. This simply translates that age is not a barrier to dying. Death will come as at when due. After death comes judgment. That is receiving rewards from the Lord, good, bad or ugly.

     Are you, therefore, young or old? What are your deeds or works? If you are to be rewarded now, what will it be? Here on earth you have rewards. There in heaven, reward is awaiting you. What will it be? God, bad or ugly?

     If it is bad or ugly, you have the ample chance of a rethink.

     Examine your ways and turn away from your wrong acts. Put on a new leaf, you will be astonished to see that the Lord will pardon you to give you good rewards. If your deeds are good, please continue to do more good until you breathe in your last. Good rewards await you after this life.

     Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print