Why Be Destroyed When You Can Make A U-Turn?
by Ngozi Nwoke

How often do you take wise steps? Every step you take always mars or destroys you; it never leaves you the same. But the good thing is that there is always an opportunity to retrace your steps if you are on the wrong path. This article encourages you to promptly make a u-turn any time there is a demand for it.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death - Proverbs 16:25 (NKJV).

He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed - Proverbs 13:20 (NKJV).

Many people would rather choose to be destroyed than admit they were wrong. This is only pride aiming at their destruction and they are allowing it. Surely, whatever they are trying to run away from will only last for a short period compared to the gravity of the consequences of their wrong decision or step. However, there are some people who would rather damn the consequences of admitting that they are wrong than to continue on the wrong path. This is wisdom coupled with courage and the fear of God.

A wise man said no matter how far you have gone on the wrong path, any time you realize it, just make a u-turn. There is a way that seems right to man, but the end thereof is death (Proverbs 16:25). Make a u- turn any time you realize you are on the wrong track and save yourself from untold havoc. Delaying to turn will cost you, while not turning at all will lead to destruction. Don't think about what people will say, they are the ones who will also blame you when you are destroyed; rather consider what God will say.

King Asa, in 2 Chronicles 16, took a wrong step of relying on King of Syria instead of on God. When he was reprimanded by God through Hanani the seer, King Asa refused to make a u-turn to God, rather he chose to imprison the seer and oppress some of his people. Also, when he was sick he still didn't seek for God's help as he used to, rather he sought for the physicians. At the end he died of the disease, which God could have healed him of if he had humbled himself and sought for His help.

On the other hand, King David was a man who quickly repented of his evil deed when he was reprimanded (2 Samuel 11, 12). He paid for his sin but his repentance established his kingdom forever (even our Lord Jesus Christ came from him), and he remained a man after God's heart (Acts 13:22).

 Is God convicting you of a wrong step presently? You don't have to be destroyed when you can make a u-turn. The people you consider when you reject correction are not helping you; however, they are contributing to your destruction (Proverbs 13:20). Choose to make a u-turn today. Why be destroyed when you can make a u-turn?

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print