Warring A Good Warfare With The Prophecies Concerning You
by Ngozi Nwoke

What prophecies have gone ahead concerning you? What are you doing to see them fulfilled in your life? God wants to bless you but the enemy wants to steal the blessings from you. This is the reason you must war to see the fulfillment of God's word in your life. This article gives you one important step you must engage to prevent the enemy from stealing your blessings.

This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare - 1 Timothy 1:18 (KJV).

Rise, take your journey, and cross over the River Arnon. Look, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land. Begin to possess it, and engage him in battle - Deuteronomy 2:24 (NKJV).

God's thoughts for you are not evil but good to give you a future and hope (Jeremiah 29:11). His plan is to give you richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17). However, the enemy has an opposite agenda against you, which is to steal, kill and destroy all that concerns you. But God has made a way for us to still receive our blessing in spite of the devil, which is to engage him in battle.

In Deuteronomy 2:24, God gave into the hands of the Israelites their enemy, the King Sihon and his land, but He asked them to begin to possess it by contending with him in a battle. The land was theirs by prophecy and victory was assured by the Lord, but they had to take possession of it by engaging the king in battle.

In our present-day, our battle is not physical battle but a spiritual one. We war in prayers with prophecies that have been declared or written about us (1 Timothy 1:18). Paul called it a good warfare because victory had been decided in our favour ahead of time. It is left for us to pray it into being, holding unto the promises of God unto us.

God said you should put Him in remembrance (Isaiah 43:26) and He, who watches over His word to perform it (Jeremiah 1:12), will do it. Many Christians have not received their blessings because they are waiting for the word to happen without enforcing it. The devil will not release your blessing until you force him to do so in prayers. Since the days of John the Baptist the kingdom of God has suffered violence and only the violent take it by force (Matthew 11:12). You don't watch prophecies; you war with them in prayers!

Daniel from the scriptures discovered that what God said concerning the period of their slavery was yet to be implemented and he went into prayers to enforce it, warring with the prophecy, and God answered him (Daniel 9).

What is that prophecy concerning you that you want fulfilled? It's time to take hold of that prophecy and go before God in prayer asking Him to fulfil His word. In Luke 18:1-8, Jesus told a story of the widow who kept going to a Judge to avenge her of her enemies. At the end the judge granted her request. Jesus ended the story by saying that God will speedily avenge His elect, who cry unto Him day and night, even if He bears long with them. Cry unto God in faith with the prophecies today that God may avenge you of your enemies and cause your joy to be full.

 



Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print