Fashion Trends
by PamFord Davis

What fashion trends do you remember from school days?

Maybe I can trigger your memories…

Girls wore colorful cardigan sweaters. I elaborate; there were cashmere and those with velour patches on the elbows. (Boys wore that style too). Girls occasionally wore their cardigans backwards, very pretty when a string of pearls adorned their necks.

I especially liked the v-neck mohair sweaters of the mid 1960’s. And what about madras shirts? They were once the rage! I wore pleated skirts, saddle shoes, oxfords, penny loafers, tennis shoes or pointed-toe flats. Ladies, if you attended high school in the fabulous 50's, add poodle skirts to the list. I’m guessing that most boys were ‘not’ as fashion conscious.

They wore tee-shirts, sports shirts, pull-over or cardigan sweaters along with trousers or blue jeans (with rolled up pant legs). For footwear they chose saddle shoes, suede chukka boots, and basketball shoes. Some boys followed the Pat Boone trend with white, beige or blue bucks. The rebellious donned leather jackets; most wardrobes included casual jackets.

Is my wardrobe modest, clean and comfortable?  I’ll settle for that.

“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print