Laid Claim
by PamFord Davis

True or false?

‘Mine’ is one of the first words that a baby learns.

I have no statistics to share; yet, by firsthand experience I’d say it’s true.

While working with 12-24 month year old infants, I often heard the claim. When another child tried to take toys away from them, they protested.

‘Mine!’

Though the children did not actually own the toys in the childcare center, they sure laid their claim.

In contrast, God is the sole owner.  He created this world.

“The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein (Psalm 24:1 NKJV)."

I’m an earth dweller. I’m His.

“Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?  For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV).”

He has laid His claim to me; He can rightfully say, ‘Mine!’

“For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s (Romans 14:8 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print