Satisfaction
by PamFord Davis

Some of my favorite restaurants offer all you can eat buffet meals.

People naturally want to get their money’s worth; extra trips to the buffet table afford us that opportunity. The ultimate buffet experience includes a salad bar, soups, breads and rolls, hot vegetable bars, pasta, tacos, and a large variety of meats.

Diners top off their meals with assorted deserts including cakes, pies, puddings, fruit cobblers and ice cream treats. A good server makes dining out a pleasure. Courteous, attentive and efficient, a well trained waiter or waitress keeps their customers’ glasses filled with beverages of choice.

Why would I intentionally settle for bite-sized spiritual food or appetizers when I have the bounty of God's word? He offers His children an ‘all you can eat’ banquet. I can fellowship with the Father and experience abundant life.

“All the days of the oppressed are miserable,
but a cheerful heart has a continual feast (Proverbs 15:15 HCSB).”

Christ brings meaning and fulfillment to life; a purpose, satisfaction and contentment.

“I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am (Philippians 4:11 HCSB).”

Father, increase my appetite. Draw me closer to Jesus; He is the bread of life. I desire the meat of the word and Your sweet, sweet Spirit…



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print