LIGHTS OUT
by Lupie Riley

LIGHTS OUT
Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: A bright light has gone out with the passing of 99-year-old Billy Graham. His life can be summed up with one-word HUMILITY. Billy's life was a Christ-like humility that followed him throughout his ministry. He and his precious wife Ruth lived their lives out in a humble cabin in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. He was known as a presidents pastor and his message went out to people of all colors, languages, sexual preferences and economic status. It was a simple message -- "God loves you."


The light that emanated from him was the light of Christ within. The crowds he drew in his crusades was not because of his own charisma but the Holy Spirit drawing people to Himself. Even in his death, Billy portrayed the simplicity of who he was. He had chosen a casket back in 2006 that inmates had constructed at a Louisiana State Penitentiary for $200.


Billy's light has gone out but God's light still shines in all believers who have invited Christ into their life for He is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD. If you are a child of God through spiritual rebirth you carry the torch that Billy left behind and that is sharing the simple message he preached that "Jesus saves." Years back there's a little song I taught the children in my Sunday School class that talks about this inner light. "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine--hide it under a bushel NO! I'm going to let it shine." Do we let the Jesus light shine out to those who have yet to make that decision for Christ?


Prayer: Father God, you are the LIGHT OF THE WORLD drawing sinners to yourself to receive forgiveness and eternal life. Help me not to hide your light under the cares of this world but to let you shine out like a beacon in the night. Amen
Verse Math. 5:14-16 "You are the world's light--a city on a hill, glowing in the night for all to see. Don't hide your light! Let it shine for all; let your good deeds glow for all to see, so that they will praise your heavenly Father."



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print