I Was Wrong
by PamFord Davis

I made the effort; I took the time to read two thick books.

One was Billy Graham’s ‘Just as I am;’ the other, ‘I Was Wrong’ by PTL Club’s Jim Bakker. Though their ministries followed different paths, they met at a turning point in the road. When peers turned their backs on Bakker, the family of Billy Graham supported him. Most Americans (including evangelical Christians) were judgmental.

Billy, Ruth and Franklin interacted with Bakker during the prison sentence and after his release.

Jim Bakker recorded one particular incident in his book. (I may be a bit vague about details.) The Graham’s invited him to their home for dinner. While at the dining room table, he retrieved something from a pocket. His personal items had been taken from him in prison. He didn’t even own a wallet; instead, he kept papers in a simple envelope. Moved by his situation, Ruth ministered to the man.

She left the room momentarily; upon her return, she gave Jim Bakker a brand new billfold. She told him that it had been given to her husband as a gift and that Billy didn’t need it. Have I been as fast to forgive the fallen soldiers of God’s army? If not, I was wrong.

“Brothers, if someone is caught in any wrongdoing, you who are spiritual should restore such a person with a gentle spirit, watching out for yourselves so you also won’t be tempted.  Carry one another’s burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:1-2 HCSB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print