How to Walk in Jesus Peace No Matter What
by Michael Edwards

How to Walk in Jesus Peace No Matter What

And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. Isa 32:17 ESV

If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and still fear that you may not be saved, fear losing your salvation by sinning and thus punishment from God and think the church needs to act more righteous to be right with God, you do not understand God’s righteousness and will never walk in His peace when trouble comes. Troubled times are when we discover if we are walking in His peace that overcomes all circumstances or walking in the worlds circumstantial peace that disappears at the first sign of trouble.

As Christians, we need to learn to walk in the righteousness and peace Jesus left us or we will live this life tormented by fear and worry. No matter who you are, where you live or how great your life may be now, trouble and persecution are coming your way. Death and loss will visit your life and your family. Fear and worry will use “what if” to torment you if you let them. This is guaranteed. Don’t wait for trouble to come and then cry out for God’s peace. Prepare now and learn to walk in His righteousness that fosters His unsurpassed peace. God’s peace has nothing to do with circumstances. God’s peace overcomes all circumstances and cannot be lost. While the worlds peace, circumstantial peace, is very tempting, it is fleeting and never around when peace is really needed.

If we trust circumstances for peace, circumstances will steal our peace. If we trust Jesus for our peace, circumstances can never steal our peace.

It is time for us to grow up and become skilled in the word of righteousness.

For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. Heb 5:12 -13 ESV

Steps to Walking in His Peace

1) Understand that you will never walk in Jesus peace that has been given to you until you understand you are right with God, righteous in His sight solely because of Jesus finished work. Righteousness precedes the peace that surpasses all understanding. Joy comes when you see you are walking in peace no matter the circumstance.

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of (1 righteousness) and (2 peace) and (3 joy) in the Holy Spirit. Rom 14:17 ESV (emphasis mine)

Bible study: We Need Jesus for Righteousness, Not Happiness

2) Be established in the truth that no one in the entire Bible was declared righteous by God through law-keeping and good works. The only way anyone was ever declared right with God is by believing God. When you see a person declared righteous before God, it just means they believed God and God made them righteous in His eyes. On the flip side, an unrighteous person before God is always an unbeliever.

Bible Study: Only Way to be Righteous

3) Seek His righteousness first. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matt 6:33 ESV

Bible studies in His Righteousness:

Seek First His Righteousness

I AM THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST

4) Be established in the truth that we are made righteous in an instant by God when we come to Jesus. If you have accepted Jesus, you are right with God now.

In the same way, Jesus who never sinned was made sin on our behalf. God makes us righteousness, right with Him, despite our sins, when we place our faith in Jesus and His finished work on the cross.

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. 2 Cor 5:21 ESV

…so by the one man’s obedience (JESUS) the many will be made righteous. Rom 5:19b ESV

Studies: Literally Righteous in Christ

Jesus Did Not Die to See If We Can Qualify

5)Be established in the truth that once you believe you are saved.

When God who cannot lie tells us repeatedly, if you believe you are saved, He is making a promise to us. The burden is always on the one making the promise, not the receiver.

In error, many well-meaning Christians have taken the burden upon themselves and their actions instead. They, in turn, will try and get you to take the burden upon yourself instead of leaving it with God who made the promise. All we can do is believe God and receive His righteousness. His righteousness is all you need. To think you need to add to what Jesus did on the cross is to say He did not do enough.

Bible study: If You Believe You Have Been Saved

I am against sin because sin will hurt you and hurt others. But those sins you still commit as a believer are not being counted by God under grace.

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” Heb 8:12 ESV

There is ONLY ONE unforgivable sin and that is unbelief. Christians cannot commit this sin.

What is the One Unforgivable Sin?

Adam's Sin Was Unbelief

6) Stop looking at yourself and keep your eyes on Jesus finished work. I am against all sin, but it is a lie that those in the early church were perfect, sinless followers of Christ. They had many flaws just like we do. Salvation is not about you. It is about God’s promised gift to you.

Read a study about the early church: Is There Such Thing as a Violent Christian Drunkard?

When you fail and you will, you go directly to God for help.

Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Heb 4:16

How to be Transformed Into His Image

Self Occupied or Christ Occupied

Sin Consciousness Grieves the Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit DOES NOT Convict a Believer of Their Sins

7) Believe God’s word on how God views a believer.

I Am Holy, I Am Sanctified, I Am Perfected

God Said a Believer Can Never be Considered Unholy

Believers are Never Called Sinners in the New Testament

Sanctified or Not?

God SWORE I Will NOT be Angry With or Rebuke Believers

There is No Condemnation for You Christian 

Jesus Never Called a Believer a Hypocrite

Sin Does Not Make a Christian a Hypocrite

8) Be prepared for Satan’s attack to do all that he can directly and through others to get you to doubt Gods very clear words in John 3:16 and numerous other verses.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV

Be prepared for those who insist you must act a certain way to be saved. This is exactly what the false teachers who infiltrated the Galatians did and Paul railed against.  These false teachers were saying what Jesus did was good but not enough. Do you believe that? Read the book of Galatians.

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit (a guarantee of our inheritance) by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? Gal 3:1-3 ESV (emphasis mine)

Studies:

Can We Really Identify a False Christian?

Questioning Another’s Salvation, Creates Doubt, Does Satan’s Work

A Christians Sins are NOT Counted Against Them

Can a Christian Lose their Salvation by Sinning? NO

Sins Are NOT Counted Under Grace

Christians Have Diplomatic Immunity

Go and Sin No More Does Not Mean God is Going to Get You

Can We Lose Our Salvation For Not Confessing Our Sin 1 John – NO you cannot.

God is talking about unbelievers, not Christians who sin in these following studies: 

Who is Jesus Talking to with Depart from Me I Never Knew You?

These People Will Not Inherit the Kingdom of God

The Final Judgment Will You Be a Sheep or a Goat?

What About Ananias and Sapphira?

Satan created doubt in Adam and Eves mind and got them to not believe God’s very clear warning, “if you eat you will die.” Likewise, he will do all he can to create doubt in your mind and try to get you to not believe God’s very clear words “if you believe you are saved.” You must reject his lies and simply trust and believe Jesus promise.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV

Satan will use circumstances to bring doubt, fear, and trouble into your heart. He will often pose “what if” questions. What if the worst happens? What if you are not forgiven? What if …? Turn those around on him and say to yourself “What if the best happens?” “What if I do get the promotion?”

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. John 14:27 ESV

You need to reject Satan’s attacks and “what if’s” and look to Christ alone. When you sense your heart is being troubled say ‘Let not your heart be troubled.’ Don’t let Satan turn a minor trouble turn into a full-blown fear and worry fest. The news is filled with speculation of the worst happening, it creates fear and worry. This plays perfectly into Satans plan. You must stop thinking about what might happen or Satan will torment you with worry and fear. Trust God and believe that you will be able to deal with whatever specific trouble comes your way, if it comes at all. Most things we worry about and fear never happen and we are well able to deal with things that do happen. God will provide the strength when trouble really visits your life. Stop tormenting yourself with negative speculation.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

 

Your goal is to get to the point where you clearly see that all you need is Jesus. Once you get to this point, the enemy cannot steal from you any longer, and you can enjoy what you do have, be it a lot or a little. You will have the peace that surpasses all understanding and long to be with Jesus, no longer having any fear of death.

and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery. Heb 2:15 ESV

God’s peace displayed in your life will draw many to a saving knowledge of Christ.

Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Psalm 85:10 ESV

Are You Praying for The Wrong Kind of Peace?

Jesus shed blood ratified God’s New Covenant with us. Read many more studies on the New Covenant we live under New Covenant Article Links 

 



New Covenant Bible Studies

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print