COURAGE IN A WORLD OF CHAOS
by Lupie Riley

                          COURAGE IN A WORLD OF CHAOS
Freelance writer Lupie Riley


Thought: For over 30 years James has been bedridden, paralyzed from the waist down due to a terrible auto accident. However, with a positive attitude, he's still able to crack a smile and a joke with all those around him. He's our friend Roy's roommate at a rehabilitation center in Colorado Springs. James taught me allot on that visitation day and it can be summed up in one word "COURAGE". Webster describes it as a lack of fear, bravery. James has risen above his circumstance and is going on to live out the rest of his life as best as he knows how in spite of his handicap.


Paul describes the trials he went through in Corinthians. "I was put in jail often, whipped times without number, faced death over and over again and five times I was beaten with 39 lashes, three times with rod's, once stoned, three times shipwrecked and often went hungry, shivered in the cold without enough clothing to keep me warm. Yet I can say since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite happy about the " thorn" and about insults, hardships, persecutions and difficulties for when I am weak, then I am strong--the less I have the more I depend on Him."


Courage--where does it come from? The Lord says he is our strength and shield, all we need to do when we go through trials is to trust in Him and hang on to that blessed hope that a better life awaits us with our Savior Jesus Christ and loved ones that have passed on. Does the word COURAGE take on more meaning now?


Prayer: Father God, thank you for the lessons we learn when we see someone else who is going through worse trials then ourselves. Give me the strength and courage to make it through "ONE DAY AT A TIME."


Verse: Phill. 4:12-13 "I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power. "



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print