Main Street Decides to Praise the Lord
by Greg Miller

By Greg Miller © 2018

 

Samson arose from a God-given night of restful sleep.

 

Samson showered, brushed his teeth, donned his clothes and drove to the factory, where he worked as the plant’s foreman.

 

As he drove his brand new car, Samson listened to his favorite radio station. The station played a variety of music, all non-Christian styles. “I get enough of that Christian music in church on the weekends,” he mused.

 

So Samson’s day began like most other days, not even giving a single thought to the Sovereign Lord. “I know God is always with me,” he muttered. “I don’t have to think about Him every second of every day!”

 

Sally, like Samson, began her day without acknowledging the Creator. Since her mother had already gone to work, Sally, a high school senior, ate a breakfast of cold cereal and milk and drove off to school. Some of her classmates were Christians, but they rarely spoke to Sally about their faith. “We might get into trouble if we speak openly about being Christians,” they reasoned, determined not to rock the boat. Even they thought little or nothing about God at the beginning of the day.

 

Selena and Sylvia, next-door neighbors, had recently retired from their jobs as nurses at the community’s hospital. As usual, they spent their days sleeping, shopping and planning an ocean cruise. Neither of the women had enjoyed a real vacation in more than five years. Like everyone else, they were too busy to acknowledge the presence of God at the beginning of their day.

 

Main Street was a big part of the lives of Samson, Sally, Selena and Sylvia, because all of them either drove or rode on Main Street, or walked on the sidewalk next to the street as a part of their everyday activities.

 

Main Street, although not a living breathing being like the people who used her each day for transportation purposes, was shocked at how everyone continued to ignore God’s  presence in their lives. So Main Street began composing lyrics and tunes to honor God.

 

One day, she spent the whole morning and afternoon singing praises to the Lord Jesus Christ. She was very joyful because she had heard about a special verse from the Bible where the disciples were praising God, and some of the Pharisees tried to quiet them. Then Jesus said, “I tell you that, if these would hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.”

 

Main Street thought to herself, “I may be nothing but a bunch of concrete, or just a big rock, but I have enough sense to praise the Lord! Now I wonder if I’m smart enough to enroll in college and get a degree!?”

 

To contact the writer of this column about speaking engagements, including Christian Comedy Fundraising Outreaches, Christian Creativity Seminars and/or puppet ministry, please email [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]



By Greg Miller  2018

 Greg is retired from the Elizabethton STAR Newspaper, after working there for almost 23 years. He now freelances for the paper. Contact email address is [email protected], also facebook.com/kidcool4jesus. Available for speaking engagements/other ministries. Jesus is Lord

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print