Understanding Symptoms and Supporting Our Immune System
by Tesse Wilson

The immune system is our body's defense against infection and illness. It is made up of cells, tissues, and organs which work together to protect and heal our bodies. 

The immune system is our inner army. It recognizes the cells that make up our bodies and fights and tries to get rid of anything that is unfamiliar, including any unhealthy human cells which have become cancerous. 

Once our inner army is functioning well it will detect parasites, bad bacteria, and any protein (gluten) which may irritate tissues. It springs into action in a well-coordinated defense; activating lymphatic tissues to trap bad bacteria, increasing blood circulation and sending white blood cells to fight and kill it. 

No one like symptoms but symptoms let us know that our immune system is actively fighting a virus or germ. Having symptoms means that our immune system is sensitive to external factors and recognizes that something is wrong and sends signals. According to the U.S National Library of Medicine, the cough and sneeze reflex action helps to remove pathogens which are disease-causing organisms and virus from the body.  The common cold symptoms we get when the body is fighting a virus is a sign for us to take action, for example, we can increase our intake of vitamin c, or visit a doctor depending on how severe the symptoms are. 

Poor eating and lifestyle choices can compromise the proper functioning of the immune system to the point where it may not be able to fight viruses, recognize and repair damaged cells. This result in parasites and fungi increasing in our bodies and outnumbering the good bacteria. Once the bad bacteria dominate it will influence the body's cravings for unhealthy food causing it to become more acidic which would further increase the risk of disease. At the very worst disease can progress rapidly in the body of a healthy-looking person without any symptoms due to immune system dysfunction. 

Easing or treating symptoms is not the best approach for disease and illness reduction. Disease prevention by means of public education is a far better plan of attack against lifestyle diseases. However, information must be up to date and relevant to assist people in making healthier choices. 

Here are a few ways we can support the health and proper functioning of our immune system: 

  • Stress management 
  • A healthy diet- this should consist of mostly unprocessed foods 
  • Taking probiotics to help balance the immune system 
  • Taking a vitamin c supplement if you do not or cannot consume fruits on a regular basis 
  • Getting enough sleep- at least six hours if you cannot get eight 
  • Reduce intake of sugar, if you are ill it is recommended to avoid sugar as it has been shown to impair the body's ability to fight an infection. 
  • Reduce alcohol intake as it reduces the ability of white blood cells to kill germs and infections. 

Our bodies are a designer's original. Let us give our bodies what it needs to support our immune system, our inner army so it can defend us from invasions and help us to heal faster from disease and illness. 

  

By Tesse Wilson 



All good gifts come from the Lord. Tesse is happy to be gifted by the Lord to write. It is her prayer that her writings will bless, encourage and inspire others. Thank God for his Spirit who gives inspiration and his grace which enables her. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print