A Perfectionist
by PamFord Davis

Fess up; you talk to yourself. 

‘I really messed up this time.’

Sound strangely familiar?

How about your thought life? Does what you think about yourself line up with God’s assessment?

You do know he loves you… Right?

Many condemn themselves while extending mercy to others.

Are you affirming or berating?  We can be honest with ourselves about sins and shortcomings (while at the same time) being kind and forgiving. 

The fruit of the Spirit moves in submissive minds; I submit my mind to the Master.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23 HCSB).”

I can be more patient with ‘Pam.’ Yup; I'll give myself some slack.

Christ-control is the way to achieve self-control.

“Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God (Romans 12:2 HCSB).”

Do you have perfectionist tendencies? 

I am not perfect; I am transformed by God’s grace. His will is perfect!

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print