ADD VALUE
by Olawale Ogunsola

A motivational speaker always says, “Every relationship that does not add value to your life is bound to deduct value from it.

     In the creation story, God in His infinite wisdom reasoned “His not good that man should be alone,”   Genesis 2:18(b)

     Being alone for too long had been the undoing of many people. Mankind is not designed to eat, drink, go and come; in fact live alone. The wisdom of God still works until today.

     The other part of the Scriptures quoted earlier goes thus, to solve the problem associated with loneliness. “I will make him a helper comparable to him.”

Please note the important phrase “a helper comparable to him.”

Pay attention to:

  1. A helper. The person who was made for the man-Adam, who was Eve was intended to be a helper to him. She was meant to meet every necessary helps the man would need. Her major assignment was “help provision” for the man, as at when due.
  2. Comparable to him. A careful comparison of a man and woman shows that there is a wide difference in physique and spirituality. It is God designed. Apostle Peter admonishes every man to deal with his wife as a “weaker vessel” but at the same time “as being heirs together of the grace of life,” I Peter 3:7.

     He did not make a helper EXACTLY like the man. However, He made one who had many different features from man. Still, their differences notwithstanding, they possess some similar features. Do you know what? They must appreciate their differences. Depreciation will set in where appreciation fails to come in.

     As it was, so it is!

     Whether in marriage relationships or otherwise, this principle holds. Searching for a perfect man or woman in a relationship may take eternity to be fulfilled. This means that every relationship has two or more imperfect fellows running it. Therefore, it will be disastrous for people in a relationship to glue their eyes on each other’s faults or weakness (imperfections).

     Do not misunderstand me, please. It is not wrong at all to identify a weakness in others with whom you have a relationship. You may be the helper appointed to eliminate it or cover that weakness. This spans every relationship.

     Let me give an example of a man and a woman, who were not husband and wife but God of Israel ignited a fire of relationship between them.

      Who are they? Prophet  Elijah and a widow, who had a lone son. The woman was a resident of Zarepath. IKings 17.

     What brought them together? The answer is simple. It was famine. Whether the woman knew it or not, Elijah was the originator of the draught that led to the famine. He had nothing to eat or drink. His only source of provision was the Creator, God. He had lived at a small river bank where ravens fed him but when the river dried, an instruction came from God thus,

     “Arise, go to Zarepath,... and dwell there. See, i have commanded a widow there to provide for you.” 1 Kings 17:9

      What is your expectation from a person who is to feed a matured man, a Prophet? Normally, she ought to be a reasonably comfortable woman. But in this case, it was not so. What was the status of the woman on the day the two met? The woman declared to the Prophet,” as the Lord your God lives I do not have bread, only a

          Handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am

          Gathering a couple of slicks that I my go in and prepare it for

          Myself and my son,  that we may eat it, and die.”     Verse 12.

      Can you see two imperfect persons who were not comfortable but brought together by divine arrangement? Because the Lord God Almighty was the Author of their relationship and was in it, it not only flourished but it blossomed during famine.

     The Prophet, the widow and her son ate and were filled during famine. Starvation may have killed many but they survived the drought and the lack of that time.

      Food for thought: are you into any form of relationship? Who brought you into it?

     Do you have your Creator in it? Do you add value into it? Are you interested in how to fulfil God’s plan for such relationship? Do all within your means to ensure your God is happy that you add every necessary value to it and you will reap all necessary rewards from it. Stay blessed and prepared for the coming of the Lord.

NOTE

All Scriptures quoted are from New King James Version of the Holy Bible.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print