Do You Really Want To Be Cleansed?
by Dinora Garza

"When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?" - John 5:6

At first sight, this question of Jesus seems way too obvious, how could He possibly ask such a question? Doesn't every sick person want to get well? No. There are plenty of people who, although are suffering, hold on to their condition like the starving dog holds onto his old, hollow, dirty bone.

No. Not everyone wants to be healed, not everyone wants to be forgiven, and not everyone wants to be cleansed. I've known plenty of people who when asked if they wanted to get out of their pit of misery, resolutely replied, "I don't want anything to do with your God," such as the homeless that lived for many years outside our home, the semi-paralyzed woman we visited once, the many atheists who prefer to believe in chance rather than believing in God, and the innumerable "believers" that profess to love God, but love the world. Jesus' question was and still is very appropriate.

How about you: Do you want to be healed? Do you want to be saved? Do you really want to be cleansed from your sins?

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lordthough your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." (Isaiah 1:18)



I am a Christian. My passion is to know the Lord, and help others to understand His character and will. Read one of my blogs at: onetruthonegod.wordpress.com


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print