A BUNNY THAT LAYS EGGS
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance Writer Lupie Riley
 
Thought:  The legend of the Easter bunny and eggs was brought to the United States by German immigrants in the 1700's and it has been commercially recognized as the symbol of Easter.  Merchants around the world have profited in the millions from the sale of their wares ranging from clothing, food novelties, gifts and refreshment.  Upon further research the word Easter came from an ancient Anglo-Saxon goddess "Eostre".  This is a European name for the same goddess of fertility, Ishtar, worshiped by the Babylonians ,whose celebration was held every year to commemorate the return of spring. 
 
Emperor Constantine in A.D. 325 embraced Christianity as the national religion but to be "politically correct" and appease the pagan's he incorporated some of their beliefs in the holiday.  Hence came the rabbit--procreation and the egg representing fertility.  Like Santa Clause, Satan made sure the pagan rituals would over shadow the real reason for the holidays, Jesus birth and resurrection.
 
If Christendom did not have a risen Savior followers would be paying homage to a dead 'prophet' lying in a tomb somewhere in the middle East. Earlier spiritual leaders from Buddha to Joseph Smith died and stayed dead.  Jesus arose from the grave and is alive and worshiped today as the true God-man who promises to come back to be King over all nations, kindred's and tongues.  Christianity today must use their own discretion as to how and who they should focus their attention on during this most sacred time of the year.
 
Prayer:  Father God, with this newfound knowledge of the holiday help me to emphasis the critical importance of Jesus resurrection as it is the very foundation of our faith.  We worship a living God whose coming back soon to rule over the whole world.   Amen
 
Verse:  Luke 24:6-7  "But very early on Sunday morning they (women from Galilee) took ointments to the tomb---and found that the huge stone covering the entrance had been rolled aside.  So they went in---but the Lord Jesus body was gone.  They stood there puzzled, trying to think what could have happened to it.  Suddenly two men appeared before them, clothed in shining robes so bright their eyes were dazzled.  The women were terrified and bowed low before them.  Then the men asked, "Why are you looking in a tomb for someone who is alive?  He isn't here!  He has come back to life again!  Don't you remember what he told you back in Galilee--that the Messiah must be betrayed into the power of evil men and be crucified and that he would rise again the third day?"


Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print