FEAR OF DEATH
by Lupie Riley

FEAR OF DEATH
Freelance writer  Lupie Riley
 
Thought:  Fear and worry go hand in hand.  Fear of death is caused by the uncertainty of whats ahead after our physical bodies have been laid to rest.  The Bible describes this fear as slaves to constant dread.  Do we have an immortal spirit that lives on?  The answer is YES!  We have within us a spirit that never dies.  It's destination is determined by the decision we make about Jesus while we are still alive.  Are we secure in the hands of the Lord?
 
I lived in this constant dread all my younger years.  I feared losing my parents, siblings and friends to this ominous darkness of death.  As God's children, however, we can rejoice in Jesus resurrection that defeated this demon (Satan) called death.  Through Jesus spirit presence within we now have the power to rise above this dread that consumes the peace we can have by putting our trust in the promises of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  We can stand on His promise that someday soon when our King of Kings returns we will put on immortality of our bodies that will live forever.  We can live out the rest of our life in peace and confidence that death no longer has it's hold on us.  We look forward to our real home in heaven.
 
Prayer:  Father God,  I now can live in the assurance that your promise of a better life can never be broken.  I no longer allow the fear of death to rob me of the peace I have by trusting in you. 
 
Verse:  John 14:27,  "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives.  So don't be troubled or afraid.  IITim. 2:7  "God has not given you a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind."
 
 


Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print